0.7

Wednesday, 23rd of March.

Harper had woken up with a smile on her face, despite her phones alarm, which blared out the annoying marimba tune that made her want to rip her ears off. Today she was going on a date with Luke, she had been catching up with him everyday for coffee, and she couldn't help but to romanticise about the alluring conversations they had. She felt as if they had a connection, one she felt ran deeper than just friendship. She did not know if Luke felt the same.

"Harper? Do you want breakfast?" Harper shook her head at her father before she stepped into the bathroom and closed the door behind her. She heard his footsteps retreating as she stepped under the hot flow of water, it instantly soaked her body.

She spent more of the time in the shower daydreaming, than actually washing, but that was expected from someone like Harper. After she had towel dried her hair, she found herself an outfit- a black high-waisted skater skirt, and a lilac crop top- which she hurriedly changed into.

She had no clue where they were going, and at this point she didn't care. She chucked on some foundation, powder and mascara- she was never one to put on excessive amounts of makeup, frankly because she could never be bothered. Making her way downstairs she greeted her parents with a quick, comforting hug. She couldn't get rid of the smile on her face, she always knew that her and Luke had this connection, but it still felt surreal.

Luke stood in front of his closet mirror, adjusting the flat cap that he had placed on his head. He had gone for a casual look; black skinny jeans that he never seemed to take off (although these were a clean pair), a black t-shirt and black vans.

"You shouldn't be playing her around like this Luke." Calum appeared at his doorway, casually leaning against the door frame. His biceps on clear display as he folded his arms across his chest.

Luke nodded his head, he knew it was wrong. He could see that she had some sort of feelings for him, but he couldn't help his selfish urge to take down the Potestas in the area. Luke was even sure that he could feel himself getting feelings for the forest girl, she just had such a likeable personality. He found that the more he spent time with her, the more he liked her.

They were polar opposites, but Luke still felt a connection between them.

"Luke?" Calum spoke again.

"Yes, I know. It's more than that Cal." He sighed, he turned his attention away from the mirror and focussed on his best mate. Calum looked at him with a neutral look, he eventually nodded at Luke and stepped out of the way, allowing Luke to pass by.

"I hope you know what you're doing." He clapped Luke on the back as he walked past. Luke turned around to see Calum grinning at him, Luke grinned back as he made his way out of the house, patting his pockets to make sure he had the essentials; keys, wallet, and phone.

Luke was nervous as he pulled into Harper's driveway. He hadn't put much effort into the date, he had other more important things to attend to, he couldn't have this getting in the way. Although, what Luke found strange was that he couldn't get Harper out of his head: he knew he was developing feelings for her.

Luke raised his hand and knocked on the door, adjusting his hat one more time. The door was answered by a tan man who looked to be in his mid-thirties. Luke focussed on his eyes, the same forest green as Harper, immediately he recognised the blonde haired man as Harper's father.