2.1

Friday, 8th of April.

"You're a little softy, aren't you?" Harper murmured as she scratched the silver fur of Aloysius. He growled in satisfaction as his tail thumped up and down on the floor, his canines protruded from his mouth as he 'smiled' at Harper.

Sighing, Harper leant back against her bedframe and closed her eyes, trying her best to relax and block out the images of a tortured Luke in her mind, but to no prevail. She couldn't focus on anything apart from Luke, she was an addict to a drug. Her heart hammered in her chest at all the possible scenarios, and Aloysius seemed to notice this as he leant forward and gently nuzzled Harper's neck with his snout. Harper giggled at the sensation and rewarded the large dog with another ear scratch, much to the magehounds' satisfaction.

"I was not expecting that dog to be so friendly," Logan appeared in the doorway clad in his usual blue scrubs that he seemed to wear more than anything else in his closet. Logan glanced at his daughter, with both worry and love in his eyes, and then trailed his gaze further down to the dog that seemed to take up the entirety of the bed.

"Aloysius is a huge softy." Harper stated. Aloysius growled so deeply it sent shivers down the two people's spines that stood within attacking range, and as if knowing the affect he had Aloysius showed his teeth in an attempt to smile and nuzzled Harper's leg as his tail wagged in a playful manner. For a killing machine he sure was playful. . . and loved affection, as Harper said; a complete softy.

"Are you heading to work?" Harper asked as she crawled off of her bed and grabbed the packed duffel bag that laid on the floor by her closet. Upon her father's nod she continued, "can you please drop me to Luke's? I want to see the boys."

"Of course, get in the car I'm already late enough as it is."

Harper rolled her eyes, he arrived to work half an hour early- sometimes more- for his shifts, and rarely ever was he late, and if he was it was always his daughters fault. Nonetheless Harper hurried down the stairs, Aloysius hot on her heels as if sensing where they were going, and into the garage where she helped squeeze Aloysius across the back seats of the car before hopping in the front seat.

Logan came into the garage a minute later, glanced at Harper already in the car before glancing at his keys, and cursed softly. With a quick gesture to wait Logan had gone back inside and grabbed the Audi keys before hopping in alongside his daughter and spoke, "I thought the truck would be comfier for the dog but seems you thought otherwise." He chuckled quietly which was drowned out by the sound of the engine roaring to life.

"I don't understand."

"There's nothing for you to understand because you're not going to be involved in this!" Ashton yelled as his fists slammed on the table, which violently shook with the inhumane force. Harper was surprised it didn't break. However, the human didn't let the force of the Tractatori in front of her startle her into submission. Like a warrior on a battlefield, she would not yield to anyone but herself and her own desires.

"Well I would say I'm already involved in this considering I've met Larkin and- oh! I don't know, maybe the fact that it's my boyfriend missing!" The tension levels in the room increased to the point where a knife could slice through it like a piece of cake. Heavy breathing could be heard as Harper's chest heaved upwards and back downwards from the anger that she was trying to keep in, but she knew it wouldn't be much longer before she combusted like a balloon that had been filled with too much air.

It took some time, full of arguments, tears, yelling and growling (the latter was the magehounds, although Harper wouldn't have been surprised if Ashton joined in at one stage), before the four could come up with an agreement and formulate a plan based off of this.