0.6

Wednesday, 16th of March.

Harper's eyes opened to the sound of a door slamming shut on the level below. She could hear rapid footsteps approaching her door - she knew straight away it was her father - ready to yell at her for last night. She had spent the entire night with Luke, he had taken her to a small secluded lake, where they simply enjoyed each other's company. She remembered the night so vividly.

Luke had reached out and led her to a small lake, surrounded by vibrant and lush flora. Harper was in love with the sight, she couldn't keep her eyes off of the colourful life that sprouted from the ground below, while Luke stared at the glistening water, and listened to the sound of water trickling down the rocks, creating a miniature waterfall. They both inhaled a large breath of the crisp, night air, their nostrils taking in the scent of the types of flora that surrounded them.

"This is gorgeous." Harper whispered, her mind too focussed on her surroundings to form a coherent sentence.

"As much as I would love to show you around, I can't. I'm here to make you fall in love with water, as if it's your first childhood crush, something you'll never get over." Harper nodded and allowed Luke to guide her to the waters edge, where he stepped out of his jeans and pulled his shirt over his head. He glanced back at Harper and waited for her to do the same. Harper was hesitant, but eventually peeled off her clothing until the was left standing in nothing but a bra and underwear.

A blush coated her cheeks as she followed Luke into the water, surprised at the warm temperature of the water that flowed around her ankles. "It's warm," Harper blushed and grabbed Luke's outstretched hand, "Thankyou." Luke led her deeper and deeper into the water until her feet no logger touched the bottom, and she was relying on Luke to keep her afloat. She was not a strong swimmer.

"Calm down Harper. Just relax, think of the water as your friend." Luke slowly let go of her hand and floated back a few metres as he watched her relax, and let the water flow around her body. Luke sent her an encouraging smile as he beckoned for her to swim over, his hands stretched out in front of him incase she needed help.

Once again, Harper blushed with embarrassment at the fact she was a very weak swimmer. Her limbs were already tired and she felt as if they would collapse on her at any given moment. She doggy-paddled over to Luke, who grabbed her and cuddled her close to his chest, feeling her racing heart against his own calm one.

"You did good." Luke ran a hand through her wet hair. Harper hummed as she closed her eyes, amazed by the way Luke was staying afloat when her entire body weight was resting on him, and he didn't seem to even be struggling. Harper was too exhausted to reply, her body felt physically drained.

"Harper." Her thought were interrupted as her dad sent a few harsh knocks to her door. She gulped, knowing her dad was most likely furious and ready to ground her if she didn't have a good reason as to why she was out so late at night.

"Yes?" She had hoped her dad had forgotten. Maybe he had? Maybe, he was coming to yell at her for leaving her dishes in the sink.

The door opened and her dad walked in, and took a seat on the bed, right next to her head. "Do you know why I'm angry?" Logan gave her no time to respond before he continued, "you were gone all of last night. How do you think I felt when I left for work at one in the morning to find you still not home? I found your mother lying on the couch, waiting for you. Explain yourself, right now." His green eyes were intense as he stared at her.