2.3

Saturday, 9th of April.

It was the early hours of the morning when Harper awoke, she was laid on the living room couch, with bandages around her arms and a raging headache. She glanced to her left, watching as Logan stitched a large gash on Michaels forehead.

Bright green eyes glanced down and noticed her laying there, a small smile graced Michael's lips, "morning."

"What happened?" Harper asked, she glanced around as she noticed Calum laying on the other corner of the couch, staring at the wall as if it was the most interesting thing in the world. "Where is everyone?"

Michael sighed, "you were passed out when I woke up, everyone was taken back here. The hospital would cause too much suspicion as to what happened, besides we didn't want Luke lying there helpless and unprotected." He paused for a moment before he continued, "He's upstairs with Aloysius, both are resting off their injuries."

Logan placed a bandage over the stitches and gestured for Michael and Calum to leave the room, they nodded and with their magehounds in tow walked up the stairs. The mood seemed to liven up a little in the room, but not by much, it seemed that despite getting Luke back there wasn't much else to celebrate.

"Explain, please."

Logan sighed as he called out for his wife to enter the room, Leia grimly walked in as she took a seat beside her husband, clutching his hand for dear life. He placed a kiss to her forehead before he looked at Harper and spoke, "I'm a Terra Tractatori. Have been all my life, I was a Pugnantis- which is a fighter- and I was given the tasks to hunt down the Potestas and kill them. I met your mother during one of my assignments, and I fell in love with her. Adora- one of the leaders- was close with me, I told her of my feelings and she allowed me to leave my old life behind, start a new life, start a family. I left and I came here with your mother where we could start a normal life whilst still being surrounded by my element, so if the need arose I could protect us. When you first opened your eyes I realised what you were, I knew I would have to keep an eye out and protect you from harm. Your mother and I both agreed to keep your powers hidden from you-"

Harper interrupted him before he could continue, "was that really your choice to make?" She knew her parents were just protecting her, but she couldn't stop a part of herself from thinking that if she knew how to use her powers she could have helped last night. After all, it was her life and the choices made in it should be hers to make, although more often than not it isn't the case.

Her parents sighed, as if unsure how their daughter would cope with the information, "I know it wasn't fair to keep this from you, but it was to protect you, and trust me if you knew about your powers that wouldn't have stopped all of this from happening." Logan looked at his daughter, he knew the pain she must be going through, and it hurt him to watch her suffer.

"I know. I'm not mad, I just wish I could've known. Is that why I always loved the forest? Why we would always go out there together?" Logan nodded. He wanted his daughter to connect with her element, so that if the need arose her instincts would take over and help her. However, he never wanted her to learn about her powers, to follow in his footsteps, but when he had met Luke for the first time with those familiar blue eyes, he knew his attempts were futile.

"What about that place? In the forest." Harper still couldn't quite believe the events that had occurred last night. She needed to learn more before she could even attempt to wrap her mind around last night. Harper felt like a child learning to walk all over again, questioning the way she had been living. She'd always known that something about her was different, but couldn't quite place her finger on what it was, and now she knew.