Twin CATS and Twisters - Chapter 13

Comenzar desde el principio

The little girl kept looking over at me and I tried not to show that I was aware or had heard their conversation. Finally, she mustered up the courage to approach me.

"Excuse me?" she asked in a nervous voice. "I don't mean to be a bother, but you're JB from GOT7, aren't you?"

I pretended to notice her for the first time and looked right at her. "Who? I think you have me mistaken for someone else," I said as I returned to my drink, but surreptitiously keeping an eye on her through my shades.

Little Jane was thrown a bit because I spoke English, but recovered quickly. "Oh you speak English now," she stated, obviously proud of me. "You sound just like an American."

"And what makes you think I'm this JB and not an American?" I asked.

"I just know," she stated emphatically. "You're my bias," she declared, proudly holding up a small chibi plush figure with two dots over the left eye, just like the ones from "Dream Knight"

 "You're my bias," she declared, proudly holding up a small chibi plush figure with two dots over the left eye, just like the ones from "Dream Knight"

Jane was not to be deterred, so I decided to take a different approach. "Your aunt doesn't seem convinced," I pointed out.

"That's because she's unobservant and because her bias is Jackson. She says he's the best in the rap line, but I know you're the best singer and leader." I nearly burst out laughing right then and there as she spat out the last part with such authority that she seemed to be channeling Simon Cowell.

"If I were the JB fellow, what would you do?" I asked. "Would you do what he asked of you?"

"Not if. You are him. And I would do whatever you told me to do," she offered.

I lowered my shades so she could see my eyes and challenged her once more, but she stuck to her belief of who I was, even commenting, "You can cover up your moles, but that's not the only thing special and distinctive about you, you know. I may be a kid, but I'm not easily fooled. I'm an Ahgase." She said this last part with such pride.

"Okay then, let's assume for a moment I am this JB. Why would I be here on my own and pretending I wasn't?"

"It's a secret!" she declared, immediately seeing the truth. "Really, I can keep secrets. I won't give you away. I promise."

"How about we do this then," I ventured. "Let me take a photo of us on my phone and, if I am this JB you're talking about, I'll post it on social media before the New Year is out, on condition you don't tell anyone about this?"

"But you don't have an Instagram or Twitter. Would you post it on Jackson's so my aunt'll be forced to acknowledge I was right? She'd see it there," she negotiated.

"If I'm him, I guess I could arrange to do that," I acquiesced.

"Goal," she replied, attempting to say the word 거래, which means 'deal' in Korean. And with that we snapped a quick photo with my cell and did a fist bump followed by a hi-five.