august 5, 2017

i woke up to a tight grip around my waist and diego rubbing my arm.

"skai"

"skai" diego whispered as he rubbed my arm up and down.

"hmm?" i responded.

"time to get up. go get ready. we are going out." he kissed my temple and headed to his bathroom. i rolled over and looked at my phone. the time read 12:20 pm. i yawned and called billie to bring my stuff over. i had been sleeping at her house recently.

after billie arrived with my belongings, i headed to the guest room. i firstly showered, brushed my teeth, i changed into a red cropped hoodie, some black shorts, and a pair a vans. i then put my hair into tight boxer braids, and applied some eyeliner and fake eyelashes.

 i then put my hair into tight boxer braids, and applied some eyeliner and fake eyelashes

^ ( outfit )

i walked out of the guest room and there stood diego. he was wearing black ripped jeans, a black revenge hoodie, a pink beanie, and white shoes. i smiled at him and he took my hand and led me to our uber. after a short uber ride, we arrived at some local cafe. after ordering our food, we sat down in a booth.

"i know you like this cafe, so i figured i would bring you here." he held my hand across the table. i smiled in return. we talked til our
food was served to us. diego got a salad and i got soup. after we walked to some ice cream shop because apparently the salad was "too healthy". around 5pm, diego ordered another uber and took us to a mini golf place. i smiled knowing that mini golf was his favorite. we walked into the little shop that had the tickets and register.

"2 adults for 18 holes of mini golf" diego spoke to the person working at the register. the cashier swiped diego's card and handed us our golf clubs.

"what color?" the cashier asked me.

"maroon?"

"a beautiful color for a beautiful lady." the cashier handed me the golf ball and winked. i walked over to diego and he put his arm over me. the cashier rolled his eyes and asked diego what color he wanted.

"pink"

the cashier handed diego his golf ball and diego glared at him. we linked hands and walked outside towards the mini golf courses.

"guess what?" i laughed.

"what?"

"you're gonna lose. i'm the master at mini golf."

"no no. you got it wrong. i'm the master. watch this." we walked up to the first course and diego placed his ball down. he swung and his ball hit a rock. it ended up being no where near the hole. i laughed.

"no no. you got it wrong. watch the queen" i placed the maroon ball down, swung, and i got a whole in one.

"THAT WAS JUST MY WARM UP!" diego defended himself.

"mhm" i rolled my eyes.

"i swear." he laughed. the rest of the night was filled with laughter and smiles.

the sun was about to set and diego ordered another uber. the drive was a lot longer than the other drives.

"where are we going?" i asked.

"you'll see soon princess" i blushed at the nickname. around 15 minutes later, we got off the highway. we passed a sign that said "welcome to redlands" . redlands? we drove through the city and then we started driving through older, sketchy looking areas. the sun started to set as we pulled up to a small old house.

"come on skai, hurry!" he quickly got out of the car, i followed after him. he ran inside quickly and came back with keys. he got into the older looking car that sat in the gravel driveway. i followed his instructions and sat in the passengers seat.

"sooooo where are we going?" i asked.

"shhhhhh. don't worry about it." he cheekily smiled and held my hand. i watched as we drove through the neighborhoods and into a desert area. diego pulled over and parked the car facing the sun. he got out and sat on the hood of the car. he helped me onto the hood of the car and sat me down on his lap.

"woah" i gasped. the sky was absolutely beautiful.

"beautiful right?"

"more than beautiful." i responded in awh.

"you think the sky is pretty, but i think you are prettier."

"that was cheesy as hell. but also. cute at the same time." i laughed. he turned my head towards him and slowly leaned in and kissed me slowly. sparks flew everywhere.

(^ this is what a redlands california sunset looks like btw)

it was silent for a little bit after that. diego seemed a little off. almost tense?

"skai?"

"yuh?"

"i- i'm not really sure how i wanna put this in words. uh" he chuckled.

"tell me." i turned around so i was now straddling him.

he grabbed my hand, "i love you. and- and i want you to be mine. i- i guess i'm asking if you will be my girlfriend?"

"promise me one thing." i stared at him.

"anything" he let out a shaky breath.

"promise me that i will be the only one. and when you find yourself attracted to anyone else, you'll break up with me."

"i promise. you're the only one. you'll always be the only one. you're all i want and more. y-you're deadass perfection. it's crazy. and i'm not gonna be attracted to anyone else cuz i'm for real serious, i want you skai artemis tomson."