may 19, 2017

it was dark outside. pitch black. the only light source was the sketchy street light. i gulped. i slowly made my way out of my car and approached the car across the parking lot.

"olivia?" i knocked on the window. the girl sitting in the car slowly rolled down her car window.

"skai?" she asked, waiting for confirmation.

"you got the money?" i asked. she rolled her eyes.

"jesus. this is so cliche. here's the money. now where's my weed?" she handed me a stack full of cash. i quickly counted the cash. i then handed her the large bag of weed.

"should be three months worth of weed." i stated.

"yeah. yeah. i got it. now get out of my face. god you're so bad at this. i didn't know you would be this bad." she laughed. i laughed along with her.

"i know i know. i'm such a cliche dealer." we both continued to laugh.

"alright kid. it was fun. see you around." she blew me a kiss and drove off. i smiled. that was kinda fun. when james said that was his nicest client, he wasn't kidding. i dealed with james for another month. each deal got more scary and dangerous. i sometimes had nightmares. at one point, i was held at gun point. it was terrifying. that was my last deal. i remember crying to diego on the phone. i never told him why i was crying. but i just cried while he tried to calm me down. his voice soothed me. it was like some sort of drug.

it was currently june and as the days went on the more my body craved diego's touch. i now finally have enough money to fly out to LA and support myself. when i say "support myself", i mean buying clothes, food, etc. the basic things. i was ecstatic to see him and all the boys. i booked a flight and started packing my stuff.

quietly, i knocked on mia's door.

"come in" i opened mias door and i was put into utter shock. there was painting everywhere. on the floor on the wall. not only was their painting and canvases. but there was also paint everywhere. all over her bed, on the window, everywhere.

"so. i'm flying back out to LA. you're welcome to com-" i was interrupted by mia.

"no. no. i'm staying here for awhile. i got a job and i think i need to stay with my mother. but maybe i'll flight out to visit soon." she smiled.

"oh okay." yes, of course i was bummed that mia couldn't come with me. but i quickly shook off that thought as i made my way to the cemetery. i approached the sophia's grave and sat down.

"hey sophia. okay so i'm gonna be gone for awhile. okay? i'm going to see diego. i'm really excited. but i promise i'll come back to see you and mia. and maybe i'll bring diego when i come back." i waited for a response but i knew i would never get one. sigh. "mkay sis. i need to be on my way, i gotta catch a flight." i placed a kiss on her stone. jane finally could afford one. it was a simple gray stone but it was beautiful.

i debated telling diego that i was flying to LA. but i decided i'd surprise him. i was extremely nervous to fly alone. it's frightening. all the people and the security. high stress. luckily the airport near us isn't very crowded. it's actually quite small.

i boarded the plane. looking out the window, there was light rain falling from the sky. a smile fell upon my face. it's the small things in life.

A/N I KNOW THIS CHAPTER SUCKS ASS BUT I HAVE REWRITTEN THIS CHAPTER TWICE. UGHHH. WHATEVA ANYWAY WE HAVE LIKE 11K READS WHICH IS FUCKING INSANE. LOVE YALL.