march 25, 2017

"hey shorty can i talk to u for a min?" mia pulled me outta the living room where ski, xan, trunks, and arnold were playing xbox.

"wassup?" i asked taken a hit of my blunt.

"i'm going home. my sister is dying." a tear fell from her eye. i immediately embraced her in a tight hug rocking her back and forth.

"oh mia." i cooed. she started bawling into tears. i let a tear fall. her family was my family. and my family was hers. we been fuckin with eachother since we were 8. i was 8 and she was 7. now i'm 19 and she's 18.

her sisters name was sophia. if you didn't know sophia, you would think she was a brat. but if you knew her, you would know that she was the most fucking kind hearted person. sophia suffered from severe depression. as did i. but sophia was more suicidal than i. i had tried to kill myself twice. the second time, my mother found me in my room passed out on the floor. she put me into a mental institution. during my stay there, she passed away in a car accident. my father, i never really wanted to have a relationship with. he cheated on my mother and i really stopped talking to him. that was two years ago.

sophia on the other hand seemed like she tried to kill her self every other week. she didn't  want to be put in a mental institution so her family never put her in one.

"what happened this time babygirl?" i choked.

"she-. she. she took 4 xans." she cried harder. "and she's in a coma. i never said bye to her. the last thing i said was," see you later loser." i'm a terrible sister."

"oh my god. mia no you aren't. go pack. imma book a flight. we leaving tonight." i kissed her forehead.

"no. we don't have money." she sobbed.

"i got emough." i softly smiled.

"skai. you know diego needs you-"

"no. but sophia needs us more. and diego can't depend on me for everything. this is a chance for him to learn how to deal with his problems on his own." i whispered. i mean, sure i would miss diego and everyone from LA. and of course, i would be worried sick about diego. but sophia is my family. and family comes first.

mia walked into the room we were staying in and started packing. i walked back into the living room.

"diego i need to use your computer right fucking now." i said in a serious tone. his smiling face looking at the tv turned to me and his face dropped at the tone of my voice. he paused the game and walked over to me. diego placed a hand on my shoulder.

"skai what's going on?" he asked concerned.

"i just need to use your computer."

"oh?"

he started walking into his "office". it really wasn't anything fancy. just a room with a desk. some speakers. and a few chairs. he turned on his laptop and logged in. he was about to walk out, when he stopped and looked at me.

"you know you can tell me anything."

"i know." i smiled.

i knew when i was gonna tell him. he would be hurt. i spent everyday with him. but he's not important right now. i purchased two tickets for the next flight to Seattle. We would order an uber from there. I closed out the tabs on the computer and walked into mia and i's room. she was crying and shoving all her shit in bags. i turned on some lil peep and started putting my stuff into bags. fifteen minutes or so later we were both finished.

"let's clean the room. he let us stay here. it's the nicest thing we can do." mia offered. i gave her a soft smile and started cleaning up our room. we finished and i grabbed my charger.

"okay let's go. our flight is at 5. and it's currently 2. " we walked out of our room and into the living room. it appeared like the boys were taking a break from playing their game and smoking. the boys heads turned to us when the wheels of our suitcases hit the wood. diego looked at us confused. he walked over to us.

"what the fuck is going on?" he stuttered a little.

"diego my sister is dying. we are flying back." mia's head fell to the ground. i softly rubbed her back.

"i'm so sorry." diego pulled mia into a soft embrace. diego let go.

"um. i'll go outside and call an uber." mia spoke softly. i nodded. mia walked out the door.

"i understand you need to leave. but when are you coming back?" he asked.

"i don't know. not for a long time. i don't know if i'll ever come back."

"skai. i gave you everything you wanted. i- i thought u loved it in LA." he choked.

"diego. relax. relax. i love it here. but mia and her family need me. i have to be there for them. okay?"

"yeah." he sounded very bummed. i embraced him in a tight hug.

"i love you." i whispered silently.

"i love you too." he mumbled into my hair. mia peeped through the door and waved to me. signaling that our uber was here.

"bye diego." i kissed his head.

"bye losers it was fun. see y'all around." i waved to the boys.

"bye skai, bye mia. stay strong." and with those words, mia and i got in the uber and made our way to the airport.