Twenty nine | 스물 아홉

Proceeding your exit, Namjoon felt rather gutted that you'd refused his offer to drive you home, and had watched sombrely as your friend drove up and whisked you away - none of this was fair on him. After what seemed to be as far fetched as a miracle, he was only shunned for letting it happen, and left all alone once more.

A healed hand was not a better confidant than you, of course it wasn't, but all he could do to make himself feel better was glare at it with some mildly intimidating fervour and slam his door; something he came to regret when he flinched at the sound.

Perhaps the only positive thing to come out of this was the fact no one was there to see that, and so he sighed gently as he let his eyes scan the now lonely expanse. What did Namjoon have to do for something to go his way? Someone as inexperienced as himself would certainly not be able to deduce that by himself, so it was to no surprise when Seokjin had received a rather flustered call asking him to come over and help his friend out.

Namjoon never asked for help, and so it wasn't too shocking when he'd opened the door to not just whom he'd requested for, but five others to also emerge. Each face expressed a different level of concern, Taehyung specifically had a very readable frown that seemed to turn even further downwards as he locked eyes with a sad Namjoon.

Being beckoned in one by one, each boy seemed to lend a sympathetic smile to him, Yoongi going so far as to give him a light tap on the back as he passed him. It was as though there had been a significant loss by the dramatic way they were acting, but to Namjoon this was momentous and he was being denied everything he'd ever wanted; it was a dismal reality.

"Joon hurry up, you called the meeting and we're all ready," Seokjin called from the living room, snapping Namjoon out of his daze as he shut his front door and trundled to where the voice had surfaced. Everyone was squeezed on the couch, some jostling for extra space whilst Jimin and Jeongguk Just settled for sitting over eachother, legs in knots as they looked up at the taller, "Sit," Jimin stated, watching as there was no space left for the most important person to occupy.

So, without being asked, Seokjin stood up and offered his own seat, noticing the others shuffling to make ample room. "No, I'll just stand, I'm fine."
"Sit," Seokjin stressed, "We've got to make a plan and you're going through need to sit, you aren't used to the stuff I am."

Everybody in the room knew exactly what stuff meant in this context, Seokjin was rather acquainted with the female form, probably the most out of all of the boys; so it only made sense for him to remain centre stage for this haphazard mission they'd now set up. Desperate times called for desperate measures, and each person had a reason to want to keep you and Namjoon breathing in the same airspace for just a little longer, selfish or not, they all wanted this to be a success.

Namjoon then pliantly went to the seat and fell back, sinking into the sofa and leaning ever so slightly towards his friends that were essentially huddled in a clump. "So, Namjoon my dear boy, it's time you learnt how to really pull the strings."

~~~

You've got to be kidding me, you sighed out internally, just glad to be back home and alone. But being the only person in a room meant nothing but thoughts were left to fill the silence - and if there was one thing you were good at, over thinking would be high on the list. True to form, you'd sprawled yourself across the bed and turned your phone off, tossed aside somewhere followed by a concerning bang. Possibly breaking your mobile wasn't the least of your worries, however, it was instead the odd tingling that still seemed to warm your lips.

It happened,there was no doubt about what occurred in none other than Namjoon's house. Namjoon. The Namjoon with a weirdly stoic face and just as calm in his actions. This was the man that had planted a kiss in return for the one you'd given him. What drove you to that point you couldn't quite determine, but right now the issue was how poorly you'd coped.