Eight | 여덟

It had been a few days since you last saw Namjoon, and the incident had occured. You had thought long and hard about whether you were going to directly face this issue, but in self preservation, you decided you wanted to refrain from being any more of an idiot in front of him, so you were distracting yourself with piles of revision and English textbooks.

You were walking steadily to the library, isolated and standing confidently amoungst smaller shops that existed on the opposite side of the road. If there was any benefit to studying at a prestigious university, it would be the traditional, and rather beautiful, architecture that surrounded it.

You pushed through the doors and entered the building, struggling under the weights of several books in your grasp, which only slightly countered the ones resting in your backpack. You traipsed unevenly to an unoccupied table, laying out the English guides across it.

After achieving a sufficient layout, you opened your personal notebook and began to scribble down observations from the current poem. You became enveloped in your work ethic minutes later, jotting things down the instant they soared into your mind, motivated by the B grade that rested on scrunched paper in your pocket.

The clock easily surpassed your time limit, as people drifted out of the building, all tired from intense study. Some eyed you, watching as you continued without breaks, others because they were captivated by the strong aura that emitted the resilience you possessed. You, however, were unphased, focused on improving your grade one more to show one thing: I don't need Namjoon to do well.

You weren't quite sure where this impulse stemmed from, but you assured yourself you would be able to shove that grade in his face, and walk away with pride and-

Ping!

You rolled your eyes, whilst others were quick to shush you, reaching into your pocket and setting to your phone to silent. Before moving it, you examined the messages that simultaneously lit up the screen.

'Jinnie: Can we talk?'

You looked at your phone in confusion, who the hell is Jinnie and why do I have their number? You stared for a moment longer, hoping to have some sort of mental breakthrough of who exactly this individual was. Nope.

'Y/N: Who is this?'

'Jinnie: Aish, that hurts. It's Jin? Seokjin? Kim Seokjin? The one you got busy with?'

'Y/N: Why the hell do I have your number?'

'Jinnie: I saved it ^.^'

You furrowed your brows at the frivolous character Jin seemed to be, returning back to the brief time you met him, and the day after where he seriously resembled a dog with its tail between its legs. Your priority was to take him seem like that once again, and so he wasn't going to bother you today.

'Y/N: No, I'm studying.'

'Jinnie: But you're texting me???'

'Y/N: Go away. Namjoon's gonna kill you.'

'Jinnie: Worth it ;)'

'Y/N: I'm turning my phone off.'

'Jinnie: Okay, okay, fine. Look, I just want to talk? About the other day? I'm sorry, but if I don't clear it up properly Joonie isn't gonna talk to me ever again :(((('