One | 하나

The lecture hall was vast, several layers of seating spread across the huge space, and amoung the empty space lay a sleeping figure. Apart from you, this hall was empty, the silence pierced with the occasional loud breath echoing from your throat.

The previous night had been long, books stacked high in your room as you'd finally persuaded yourself that this English degree was yours... But a girl needs her sleep, right?

The lecture doors swept open, a gentle brush as it arched open, and a foot surfaced within the room, "Hello?" The voice was deep, crisp if you may, but did little more than make you alter how your head rested on your folded arms. "Hello?" He repeated, eyes scanning the room, briefly assessing if the hall was occupied - and they then rested on you.

You heard feet stepping tentatively closer, choosing to ignore it however, you remained sprawled across a desk, until you encountered the chill of a hand pressing against your cheek. Your eyelids shuffled, hoping that if you were to proceed with this act, your sleep would continue, mildly uninterrupted; but this one was persistent.

The man bent down, his face now level with yours, thick lips pursing as he began to speak, "You need to wake up." He probed at your face, making it contort with displeasure, your orbs now opened wide and glaring unforgivingly at the individual.

As the hazy blur settled behind your eyes, you looked at him, your voice cracking as you began to retort, "I-" crack, you coughed gently in order to clear yourself, "I was trying to sleep, but I guess that's kinda weird, huh?"

His eyes rose up to meet yours, placing a folded finger against your forehead and flicking it, you sat back in your seat, far more alert after the casual abuse to your head. You held your hand to it, tossing an aggressive stare his way as he began to speak again, "The lecturer isn't in, don't be rude." He remarked.
"What?" You growled, tone cracking once again, "Why's he not in?"
"Don't know," the man shrugged, face examining yours studiously, "What's the problem?" He soothed in a soft husk.
"I needed his help," you snapped, irritated at the effort you'd taken to attend a non-compulsory event at the expense of more revision.

His stern gaze was relentless on your head, and irked by his abnormal behaviour, you stood up quickly, causing his form to take a careful step back. You smiled meekly at him, starting at the steep incline of stairs to return to the hall doors. "I was being nice," his tongue exclaimed monotonously from the bottom of the hall, "I guess I'm of no use."

You spun on your heels and gripped onto the door handle, "Well I'm terribly sorry, Mr Stranger," sarcasm laced in your voice, "I need a teacher, not an abuser." His mouth remained still as his feet slowly traced a similar pathway to yours, stopping a few steps short of you. "Not even a really smart one? Y/N?"
"How do you-"
"I was sent by the lecturer, he said you'd been struggling and asked me to help," he looked up at you with his hand out, "Namjoon, Kim Namjoon." You shook his hand dubiously, with a raised eyebrow.

You eyed him with suspicion, help would have been immediately welcomed - if it had been the lecturer, but it wasn't; it was this lanky and cut throat smart kid. Really dude? You looked as his stone expression, assessing your choices.

I need this help, but do I really have to take it off this guy? It'd be awkward as hell considering I basically just snapped at him for no reason...

The turmoil in your head was visible on your face, Namjoon drew his foot up another step, clicking his fingers in front of you, "So, Y/N, is that a yes?"
"No I'm just-"
"That's great, I know just the place," his large hand gripped tightly around your wrist, "Shall we?" He insisted, pushing past the doors and continuing down the hall.