Nineteen | 십구

You sat at your desk, toying with a pen between your fingers as your brain refused to tick over. Now was not an ideal time to have writer's block; not when there was no Namjoon available to assist you and a silent bedroom in which every sound was being amplified and-

Knock knock knock.

The noise echoed indiscreetly through the hall and straight to your bedroom, and you shook your head in aggravation as you cursed under your breath. You unwillingly emerged from your room, a blank sheet of paper screwed into your hand as you contemplated tossing it into the face of whoever had the audacity to disturb you; the possibility was still within reach, even if it was Namjoon.

Your feet traced slowly to the front door, cautiously looking through the peep hole and tightening the grip on the paper. No eye contact was made until he caught you in the tiny space, what luck.

"Ah! Y/N! I knew this is where you lived, my dorms are right next to yours." You maintained the door's shut state for a few seconds, debating between being polite or just not caring. Unfortunately it wasn't in your blood to ignore, and assuming he would probably pester you with further knocks until you complied, you opened the door.

You stood there with an unimpressed gaze, analysing the man in front of you, "And what will you do with that information?"
"I hope to use it to get to know you better."
"No, you need to go, now. I have a certain someone's question to do."

It was evident that he was grinning as he leant forwards and poked through the smaller glass circle that was meant for your eyes and not his. He sent a wink your way, which sent your stomach turning and you fake gagged, knowing he could see it. He chose to ignore it.

"Y/N, I won't bother you~" You rolled your eyes, knowing wholly well that this man was nothing but manipulative and dangerous to some unknown degree, his eery intentions confused you, and left you to object to each request he would send your way - so you did the only reasonable thing and shut the door.

There was a respite, and your shoulders lowered as you assumed he'd given up, as you listened for his sigh, but what you didn't hear was the sound of his footsteps disappearing into the distance. You turned your back, starting to walk off in hopes it would deter any further probing. Nope.

"At least give me your number, you know, incase I have questions."
"If you have questions, ask the lecturer," you snapped, remaining with your back to the door as you bit at your lip, genuinely considering jabbing a sharp utensil between his legs, but then again, that probably wouldn't stop him.

"If I give you my number, will you leave?" All you could think about currently were the short term effects of this, which encompassed him walking away, which meant not loitering in front of your door and tearing away any potential peace for studies and private time.

"Sure," you instantly returned to the door, pulling the chain across the top of the door and pulling it open as far as the string of cheap metal would allow, "Phone," you muttered quietly, offering your hand out. He filled the empty space with said item, whistling as he waited for you to enter the digits into his contacts.

"Really don't want me in, huh?" He queried, fidgeting on the balls of his feet. "Guess I don't trust you," you sneered, remitting the device back to him and conveying a passive smile, with not much pleasure laced into it, "Goodbye, Jackson." And with that, the door was slammed in his face and all he could do was giggle like a little girl at the fact he'd managed to get you to voluntarily pass over your number.