Vol 1 Chap 18 - What is this finger? So Strong!

Start from the beginning

Xiao Hua blinked at the slender finger on her forehead that had stopped her movement. She tried to push against the finger but it would not even budge even a tiny bit!

What is this finger? So strong! (⊙_⊙)

"Tomorrow An Jing will tell you what's your punishment."

The Third prince removed his finger and walked out of the door. Da Liu closed the door after the prince left, leaving the dumbfounded Xiao Hua staring blankly at the door.

Whatever warm feelings that Xiao Hua had felt from the Third prince was immediately gone when he said 'punishment'. Xiao Hua took a huge deep breath, urging herself to calm down, but the images of bloody punishment immediately darted out from her inner memories, stirring her imagination to greater heights.

"Nooooooo!"

Someone let out a cough as if to alert Xiao Hua, who immediately stopped her screaming. She turned and found An Jing standing at the doorway.

An Jing's expression was normal, but her eyes were brighter than usual as if they were silently laughing at Xiao Hua. Actually, she had waited outside when Da Liu said their master was inside. When the Third prince exited the room, his face showed his usual smile, but An Jing, who had followed him for eight years, easily spotted his smile was different than his usual. His smile was softer and his eyes were brighter, making the prince looked even stunning than usual.

Ah...how many times had An Jing saw this rare expression? It could be counted with one hand.

"Sister An Jing!"

An Jing stepped into the room and closed the door behind her. "I've come over with your dinner." Xiao Hua only then realized that An Jing was carrying meal boxes with a plate of food inside each box.

"I could get them myself, Sister An Jing!"

"You did not know where the kitchens are yet. I will give you a brief tour tomorrow before telling you what your tasks are."

Xiao Hua did not know where the kitchens were, but she uttered those words due to the habit of being courtesy when someone helped her to do a menial task such as carrying stuff for her. Xiao Hua silently vowed to think more before she speaks next time. It does not matter if she will be scolded for being slow. At least the chances of unintentionally saying something that could land her in trouble would decrease dramatically.

However, saying it was much easier than doing it.

"Thank you Sister An Jing. Will Sister An Jing join me for the meal?"

An Jing shook her head. "I still have some urgent task to do for our master. I'll eat later. Elder Sister Hua should eat first and rest early. Tomorrow we will begin our day before dawn."

Xiao Hua slowly nodded as she forced to remember the time system that the ancient one used. When she arrived here, she knew nothing about the historical Chinese hour system. It was after countless trial and error did she managed to roughly memorize it. She learned that instead of using the one-hour system in her modern original world, the historical time uses the two-hour system.

An Jing bowed, which Xiao Hua quickly returned it, before leaving the room. It was only after An Jing had left for quite a bit did Xiao Hua finally remember there was something she needed to ask An Jing!

Xiao Hua facepalmed. She forgot to ask An Jing if she knows anything about her punishment tomorrow! Oh, the agony of not knowing what to expect!

Xiao Hua sighed and hopes that An Jing would come back later. She moved her attention to her dinner. Even if she does not have much appetite, the food looks good.

There was a bowl of white rice with three different dishes served on the table. She recognizes one of the dishes was bok choy vegetables. The second was Luo Han Zai, which also happens to be the favorite dish of Le XiaoTing's mother. The last dish was steamed white chicken.

Le XiaoTing could easily eat these dishes in her original world, but for Xiao Hua, these dishes were not normally eaten by most commoners.

During the time when she was living in MungLu's manor as a servant, the meals were usually a bowl of rice with some cheap vegetables that were gotten cheaply from the market. If they were lucky, they could eat the leftovers from their master's meal.

But... this amount was too much, was it not? This amount could feed at least three adults!

"Princess Long Lian arrives!" Someone suddenly announced and before the sentence ended, the door was already pushed open.

"Xiao Hua!"

Xiao Hua smiled brightly at the beautifully dressed princess. "Princess, you've come just right in time..."

... To help me finish the food! (つ✧ω✧)つ

.

.

.

.

.

She was much tinier than he expected.

Long Zhu stared at his palm that could cover the whole top of her head. Strange, he used to remember she was around the same size as Long Lian, but smaller.

Is his memory faulty?