xlvi.

FORTY SIX

Everyone either looked disturbed, confused, surprised or just straight out pissed with what Taehyung just said regarding Orcus. The man was a lost cause.

"He just doesn't know when to stop." Minseok says in complete disbelief. "What else will he gain from being a descendant?"

"I believe he's after the power and the immortality." Taehyung says.

"Remember when he said he wants to rule both realms?" Sehun speaks up. "It's simple, he cannot rule the Spiritual Realm if he can't pass a gateway and to pass a gateway you have to be a descendant."

"He's going to have a hard time then." Lynx comments. "I was born as a half blood but even I had a hard time passing the gateway for the first time." she says.

"It's not completely impossible for him to do that though." Yixing joins in. "He had the technology to break the bond between the tamer and descendant and who knows how many other things he knows by performing several experiments on all the Ophiuchus descendants he has in that facility." he sneers.

The whole topic is just making Lynx sick. There is simply just no end to Orcus' greed and hunger for power.

"We could use this to our advantage though." Kyungsoo speaks up. "His greed will lead him to his downfall. It all takes one experiment to go wrong for everything to backfire on him."

"He has backup." Taehyung says. "He's not dumb enough to go through with the experiment himself. He has his so called guinea pigs. He'll only try the experiment when he's a hundred percent sure."

"Then it's an even bigger problem then." Yixing muses. "If he does succeed, he won't be the only one invading the Spiritual Realm. I don't even know how this is scientifically possible, they're going against nature. They're defying the rules of the realms."

"I want to add something else too," Seulgi speaks up. "This plan is also probably a way to defy the prophecy too. He knows what it implies, if the gateways do end up closing it will all be over for him."

"That's true." Krystal agrees. "Closed gateways means that descendants won't be able to step into the Earth realm anymore, that also means that there's no need for tamers. He's nothing without his title as head tamer."

"He remains as a tyrannical lunatic though." Mingyu comments while Jongin snickers which both earned them a glare from the Corvus descendant.

"We can't just sit here and do nothing. All we do is train then hide. What have you planned so far anyways?" Lynx asks. She winces a bit when she realized how demanding and rude she sounded. She casts her eyes downward and sighed. "Sorry."

"It's okay, Lynx." Minseok assures her. "I know you're just worried and I'm sure you're tired of this whole mess."

"Well she is kind of the center of this mess." Chanyeol shrugs. Minseok and Yixing look at him in disbelief. "Which is not a bad thing at all, I guess."

Lynx ignored him. Sehun, who was sitting beside him side eyed him. "What a smooth talker." he mutters. Chanyeol rolls his eyes at him before returning his full attention on Minseok.

"We have several plans, some are minor while some are major. For now we are still working on the minor plans and that includes the time when some are ordered to steal weapons and talking out to other tamers to join our side." Minseok explains.