vi.

CHAPTER SIX

Lynx wanted to jump on Chanyeol and punch him left and right if it weren’t for the two threatening descendants standing in front of her.

“Lord Orcus, this is uncalled for. Master Minseok already gave Lynx her punishment for not following the rules, you don’t have to do this.” Irene reasons out.

“And besides, Lynx is still part human and she’s officially a tamer of this facility. She’s under your protection now.” Kyungsoo adds.

“As you have said, she is a tamer now. If someone were to protect her, it’d be her descendant.” Orcus retorts.

They hear a chuckle. All eyes turn towards the descendant who’s sitting in the back like he owns the place. “Leo descendant, are you really not planning on protecting your master?!” Mingyu exclaims.

Chanyeol yawns and tilts his head. “My master is a strong fighter, she doesn’t need to be protected.” he smirks.

“Well, this is a first." Taehyung chuckles in amusement. "Are you sure you tamed him?"

Lynx sighs as she places one hand in her pocket. “Who needs him anyway.” she says before running towards the two.

Chanyeol raises an unimpressed eyebrow as Taehyung easily dodges her attack. Lynx quickly makes a turn and slams herself against Zitao. She pulls her hand out of her pocket and plunges her switchblade against Zitao’s shoulder.

Taehyung grabs her by the collar of her uniform and throws her against the concrete floor. Irene gasps in shock, while Jeonghan and Kyungsoo both flinch due to the strong impact. Taehyung pulls her up again, not even giving her time to recover.

Jongin was ready to jump in and help Lynx but Orcus turns towards him. “If any of you try to get involved, expect a heavier punishment for your friend over there.” he points towards Lynx.

Jongin takes a deep breath and clenches his fist. “Come on, brat.” he whispers.

Descendants of Taurus and Capricorn are known to be good at hand to hand fighting. Lynx knows she doesn’t really stand a chance but she definitely does not want to die, not after fighting so much for her life during the previous night.

“This is too easy. You may rest in the back, Zitao, I can play with this brat on my own.” Taehyung says with condescension.

“I’d still be careful if I were you.” Zitao groans as he rubs his injured shoulder.

Lynx turned towards Chanyeol once again, the descendant still has an arrogant smirk plastered on his face. Lynx narrows her eyes at him and Chanyeol gives her a challenging stare.

She draws her fangs and bites Taehyung’s wrist forcing him to release her. She grabs his shoulders and draws her knee up hard. The descendant coughs up harshly and she takes this moment to do it again until the descendant falls onto his knees.

Without wasting time, she runs towards Zitao. The descendant was expecting it since he was able to grab her wrist. Lynx harshly pulls back to inflict more damage on his shoulder. Zitao tightens his hold on her, almost crushing her wrist in the process. Lynx reaches over with her other hand, her claws sinking onto Zitao’s side. The descendant hisses and Lynx yanks her hand free before sweeping her leg out. Zitao falls back with a soft thud.