xxxix.

~sorry to keep you waiting. I'm finally done editing both this and Two Faced. We are back in business! I haven't written anything for a month, so this chapter is a bit shitty. 😅

CHAPTER THIRTY NINE

"Jeonghan, what on earth are you doing?" Irene looks completely disturbed as she looks at the scene in front of her.

"I'd like some personal space." Lynx grumbles.

The four of them are staying in one of the vacant rooms of their new hiding place. Lynx was sitting by the edge of the bed when Jeonghan took a seat beside her. Right now, the Vulpecula descendant is way too close to her.

Lynx thought Jeonghan was just annoying her like usual but she suddenly feels his lips ghosting against her neck. "Hey!" she snaps as she pushes him away.

Irene's brows furrow while Kyungsoo looks baffled. "Dude, what the hell?" the Libra descendant says in disbelief.

Jeonghan keeps his eyes on Lynx. "Hey Lynx... you smell so good." he says as if it is the most normal thing to say.

Lynx's eyes widen in realization. "Not again," she sighs as she stands up.

"Kyungsoo, Irene can't you both tell? Lynx just seems... sweet, like candy." Jeonghan adds.

"Stop messing around, Jeonghan." Irene tells him.

"No, he's not messing around. It's only affecting him though." Lynx stands up just as Jeonghan is about to come near her again. "I should look for Yixing, please keep him in here and do knock some sense into him." she quickly says.

Despite looking confused, Kyungsoo blocks Jeonghan while Irene immediately closes the door once Lynx leaves.

Orcus did mention that the peak of her heat cycle hasn't come yet, she forgot to remind Yixing about the suppressants. It is a new day and the effects of the one she drank last night has already worn off.

She is starting to feel uncomfortable too. She never would've noticed until Jeonghan pointed it out. She completely has no idea on how heat cycles work.

She comes across Jongin, Krystal, and Mingyu just as she gets downstairs. "Have you seen Yixing?" Lynx asks.

"He's with Mas--" Jongin stops when he catches a whiff of Lynx's scent. "Oh shit, did you take suppressants?"

Mingyu's eyes widen in realization. "Find your brother quick. Stay away from us for now."

"I... I should go." Lynx stutters. She is starting to feel nauseous already. She is about to leave when Krystal suddenly grabs her by the arm.

Before she could even react, Krystal's lips are already brushing against her cheek. The Corvus descendant has her eyes closed as she trails her lips down to Lynx's neck.

Mingyu and Jongin's jaws drop as Lynx lets out a soft whimper.
"Uhh... Jongin, control your woman." Mingyu points out.

"But it's hot." Jongin mutters.

"Dude, I know." Mingyu agrees.

Lynx manages to push Krystal away despite her brain or body telling her that she needs skin contact right now. She shakes her head to clear her thoughts.

She glares at Jongin and Mingyu before proudly flashing her middle finger at them. She stumbles away and she finally reaches the living room.

"Yixing!" she calls out but she realizes that he isn't there. It is just Minseok, Luhan, Sehun and Chanyeol. It looks like they are currently talking to Chanyeol.