xiv.

"You've been awfully gloomy for the past days, are you alright?" Kyungsoo asks Irene.

Irene tries to smile but it falters quickly. "This place is just making me sick, that's all. Sorry if I'm making you worry, I'm probably just overreacting."

"No, you're not." Kyungsoo says softly. "It's better to say how you feel than to bottle it all up." he ruffles her hair. This time, Irene genuinely smiles.

Jeonghan chuckles at the sight before facing Lynx. "In case you're gloomy, I can always--"

"It's either you shut up or I shove this down your throat." Lynx points the fork at him.

Jeonghan grimaces. "You'll die single with that snobby attitude of yours."

"I've been locked in this facility for twenty-one years, there's not much to lose." Lynx shrugs as she continues to chew on her breakfast.

Jeonghan has a sour expression on his face. "I suddenly feel like losing my will to live."

"Glad I could pass on how I feel." the corner of Lynx's lips curve upward into a smirk.

"Lynx, we'd appreciate it if you'd stop acting like you're a spawn of all things dark." Irene chuckles.

"Don't taint Jeonghan's positive outlook on life." Kyungsoo adds before they all burst into laughter, Jeonghan included.

"I swear Lynx, not kicking butt for over a week is seriously getting into you." Jeonghan grins.

"I'm so deprived. I need to punch someone so badly." Lynx groans. "But I can't do that if I'm wearing this bracelet."

"You can spar if you want to, don't mind us." Kyungsoo says.

Lynx shakes her head. "You'll get hurt too."

"It's not like we can't handle a bit of pain." Irene tells her.

"You guys know how I spar. I go all out. I won't risk hurting you guys." Lynx says.

"A while ago you were threatening to shove a fork down my throat." Jeonghan points out.

Lynx rolls her eyes. "Shut up."

The door suddenly opens and they saw Junmyeon walking in. "I'd hurry up if I were you."

"Why?" Jeonghan asks.

"Aren't you kids keeping up with the date? You all have visitors today." Junmyeon smiles.

They all blink in confusion for a few moments until their faces light up with excitement. All of them except Lynx, that is.

"Oh my gosh, it's visiting day today." Irene takes her last spoonful of food before she stands up. "I'll go and take a shower."

Kyungsoo hurries as well. "I need to make sure that I'm dressed well."

"Me too! Does my hair smell okay? Should I wash up as well?" Jeonghan asks.

Junmyeon chuckles in amusement as the three scurry around the room due to panic and excitement. Lynx shrugs it off as she continues to have her breakfast.

It's that time of the year when their human parent would visit them. It only happens once a year which is why the three are making most of it.

"Why aren't you in a rush?" Junmyeon asks Lynx.

"Well... Unlike them, I don't really have a human parent." Lynx says.

"You don't? Then who brought you here? Who took care of you?"

"No one knows who brought me here. I was just a baby when I was left right by the facility. Master Minseok took care of me since I was young." Lynx narrates.