xliii.

FORTY THREE

Once their talk with Seulgi and Joshua was done, Minseok told them that they should rest for a while. Minseok had to discuss some matters with Joshua together with Baekhyun, Jongdae, and Yixing.

"That prophecy is a bit scary, don't you think?" Jeonghan asks. "If it does happen, which realm would you choose?"

"It depends on which realm you're all going to choose." Kyungsoo answers.

"What if we have different choices?" Jeonghan asks.

"That's absurd, we'll all agree on which realm to choose. It's obvious." Irene says.

"Okay then, in a count of three we'll all say the realm of our choice together." Jeonghan says.

"Okay," Irene and Kyungsoo nod. "One, two... three."

"Earth Realm!"

"Spiritual Realm!"

They all looked at each other in bewilderment. Jeonghan answered Earth while Kyungsoo and Irene picked the latter. Lynx didn't say anything.

"Why would you stay here?" Irene asks. "This realm made us suffer so much."

"Not entirely," Jeonghan defends. "We've had good memories too and once Orcus is out of the picture, we can live however we want."

"Are you picking this realm because of Jisoo---Joshua, I mean?" Kyungsoo asks.

"Well... yeah," Jeonghan avoids eye contact. "Meeting him again kind of made it clear for me."

"You're choosing him over us? What about Krystal?" Irene asks.

"Well I thought we'd all choose the same realm." Jeonghan complains. "Krystal has Jongin, I want to be with someone I love and care about too you know. Why are you choosing the Spiritual Realm then? Isn't it because of Mingyu?"

Irene opens her mouth to retort but she closes it again. "Not just him. It's because it's what Master Minseok wants for us. He said we're meant to be in the Spiritual Realm." Irene explains.

"And you?" Jeonghan looks at Kyungsoo.

"It's where I belong," Kyungsoo quietly says. Jeonghan and Lynx gave him a sympathetic look. Irene never notices.

"Lynx, what about you?" Jeonghan asks.

"I don't have to choose. That prophecy isn't happening." Lynx scoffs.

"It's just a hypothetical question. You have to choose." Jeonghan insists.

Lynx was quiet because that question has been bothering her ever since Seulgi discussed the prophecy to them. "I don't really know, when I first heard of it I only thought of Master Minseok. Even if he does say that the Spiritual Realm is where we belong, I just can't imagine the thought of leaving him alone in here. He'd be lonely." she explains.

"Master Minseok has always been too focused on us ever since he was a kid, he never had the time to date someone. He lost his father at a young age and he took us in. I owe everything to him." Lynx looks down.