x.

CHAPTER TEN

Lynx blankly stares out the window as Jongdae gives out his lecture. He's actually a good mentor and he's kinder than she expected but she got too attached to Minseok that she can't even accept Jongdae as a replacement.

"Were you listening, brat?" she hears Jongdae's voice.

She nods without sparing him a glance and Jongdae carries on. It has been a week since they were put on high watch and she's still not used to it.

They spend most of their day locked up in their room, they can't even go to the other places of the facility like they used to. Whenever they're outside their room, there are guards following them. They can't even call their descendants without permission. Not to mention that they're all wearing the troublesome bracelets.

Worst of it is the fact that they haven't seen Minseok the whole time. They come across Luhan and Sehun from time to time but they weren't allowed to talk too long with them.

Lynx hates to admit it but she misses her former mentor and the Gemini descendants.

Kyungsoo told her to be positive because they're all alive. However, Lynx thinks otherwise. They are alive but it didn't feel like she's living. She hates the feeling of being controlled.

Once Jongdae's lecture is finished, they proceed to their training room. Training used to be 'fun' for them but it's more like a punishment now considering that they all share the same pain.

"Are you going to sit there all day?" Junmyeon asks her. She looks at him for a second before averting her gaze. "You've been moping for a week, kid."

Lynx completely ignores him, hoping that he'd leave her alone but Junmyeon remains looking at her.

"What do you want?" She asks, uninterested.

"I want you to do what you're supposed to do." Junmyeon answers.

"What's the use? Our training has been limited because of the bracelets, it's not the same anymore." she scoffs. "These bracelets have been nothing but a burden for us."

"I know," Junmyeon answers with a knowing nod. "I know because I've worn the same bracelet years ago."

"You did?" Lynx asks.

"I never listened to Jongdae at first, he looked so weak back then and I couldn't accept defeat. I was forced to wear that so that I'd have no choice but to protect him whenever we had to go through a battle. The pain was too troublesome so I had to do my job." Junmyeon narrates.

"Well there's a difference," Junmyeon turns his head when Kyungsoo interferes. "You wore the bracelet because you did something wrong, we were forced into this without proper reasons."

"All four of you thrashed the entire cafeteria and managed to give more than half of the tamers in there a beating." Junmyeon points out.

"That's because we were defending ourselves," Jeonghan joins in. "They started it."

"That kind of argument won't be enough," Junmyeon says. "The higher-ups will always be in favor of the tamers since they're of the same kind. As Jongdae said, you are threats and your violations are an opportunity for the higher-ups to take advantage of it."

"You mentioned of the same kind," Irene starts. "We are half-bloods, the humans here obviously see us as descendants but how about you? What are we to your kind?" She asks.

"Rejects," Junmyeon answers. "At least that's what we generally think you are and that's what I personally used to think. It doesn't matter if you're just half-bloods, you possess more qualities as a stellar spirit than as a human."