xvi.

Luhan rakes his fingers through his hair in frustration. "So I guess we're stuck in here until they come back or summon us again."

"But Taehyung said we won't be seeing Lynx for a while, what if it's something bad?" Sehun asks.

"Don't worry too much. Taehyung and Zitao gave their word that they won't get hurt. Besides, Minseok can easily take them down what more if he's with Lynx?" Luhan assures.

Sehun didn't look too convinced. "We're aware of Orcus' plans. It's impossible to not worry."

"I don't like that look on Taehyung's face," Chanyeol says. "They definitely have something planned."

"Do you think they saw us last night?" Luhan asks.

"It's possible and anyone would suspect if they saw the three of us together." Chanyeol replies.

"Obviously."

Sehun sighs as he takes a seat at one of the beds. The atmosphere between Luhan and Chanyeol is so tense that it's almost suffocating.

"Do you think Orcus will proceed with his plan now?" Sehun asks. "What will we do? We're trapped here and we don't even have any connections with Jongin and the others."

Luhan frowns. "It's the first time I've seen her that happy but this just had to happen."

"You really care for her, don't you?" Chanyeol asks.

Luhan looks at him. "Of course I do. I've known her for so long." he blusters.

"I mean... Do you really care for her?" Chanyeol asks.

Luhan narrows his eyes. "What do you mean by that?"

"Do you genuinely care for her? Or do you only care for her because she reminds you of a certain someone?" Chanyeol asks.

Luhan clenches his fists as he glares at the Leo descendant. "What's your deal, Chanyeol?! Haven't I told you to stop mentioning her?!" He exclaims.

"Just answer my question." Chanyeol snaps.

"I genuinely care for Lynx! I care for her not just because she's my master's student, it's way more than that!" Luhan blurted.

"Don't tell me that you--"

"Don't start," Luhan cut him off. "I care for Lynx, that's that. Don't even make ridiculous assumptions just because you don't care for her in the same way that the rest of us do."

"What's the point of caring for her when you're already starting to become overprotective?" Chanyeol scoffs.

"I'm only overprotective because I don't trust you." Luhan says.

"I'm pretty sure none of you, including the brat, trusts me." Chanyeol gives a humorless chuckle.

"You haven't done anything trustworthy, Chanyeol." Luhan sneers.

"Aren't you tired of this?" Sehun says with a tired sigh. "Your quarrels won't do a thing. Lynx already told you both to not include her in your fights, you should know better. If you're not going to think of a way to help Lynx or master Minseok, then at least let me wait for them in peace."

Chanyeol and Luhan don't say a word after that, much to Sehun's relief but the tense atmosphere around the room never dissipates.

***

Minseok doesn't release his hold on Lynx the whole time they are walking across the halls. He is nervous but he didn't want to show it. Meanwhile, Lynx shows no traces of fear or worry.