2.

Honey-

We both got hot dogs with a coke and sat down

"So where were you for the past couple of years." I asked.

"Washington. Surgery up there is fun. But I miss my old town. Didn't think I would run into you again though."

He took one bite out of his hotdog and made a face. He put the hotdog down and swallowed what he had in his mouth. I started laughing. The face he made while swallowing the food was priceless.

"Don't like it?" I joked while taking another bite of my hotdog.

He shook his head while drinking his coke. "I guess it's my turn to ask a question."

"Okay. Shoot." I said sitting back looking at him. Pierce is my first love. When I first met him I thought he was so sweet and handsome. Now ? He was still sweet. But instead of handsome he was daddyish. A whole meal. I would say snack but... I can't get full off of a snack.

I started laughing in my head just looking at him. Pierce is the only white guy I would talk to. Period. Every other white guy is so lame. Pierce is different.

"Honey!" Pierce yelled at me.

I jumped out of my daze. "Yesss?" I asked.

"Did you hear anything I just said?" He asked.

"Nope. Sorry. What did you say?"

He smiled. "What are you thinking about?"

"Nothing really. Just tired." I lied.

"I've been knowing you too long for you to be lying to me." He said leaning forward putting his hands on the table.

"Pierce what was your question?"

He shrugged. "Not telling you until you tell me what you were thinking about."

I sighed and rolled my eyes. "Okay. I was thinking about how much I missed you."

"That's half of the truth, but okay." He said leaning back and folding his arms.

"Who are you Sherlock Holmes?"

"I watch a lot of his shows. Well you asked two questions so I get to ask two questions."

"Fine."

"So are you in a relationship?"

"We just started back talking and you tryna shoot your shot?" I asked surprised.

"Well you do look amazing from the last time I saw you." He complimented.

"Well you look pretty daddyish also from the last time I saw you." I said sipping on my coke.

"Daddyish is a pretty strong word to use Ms. Manhannsen."

I started laughing. "It's Doctor Manhannsen. but I mean, I think that's the best word to use."

We looked at each other for a while until our phones both vibrated. I have a special vibration for that notification so I already know what it is.

"Looks like we're needed at the hospital." Pierce said getting up and walking to the cashier and gave him 200 and he gave everybody else 200 also. That was amazing to watch.

"Thank you for the food." I yelled to the employees while walking out of the restaurant behind Pierce. We both got into our separate cars and drove off to the hospital.

On our way to the hospital we passed by a huge wreck including an 18 wheeler, coach bus, and a small Nissan car. "Holy Christ." I said looking at the accident. Then my phone started ringing.

"Honey go on to the hospital. I need to stop and help these people." Pierce said. I saw him starting to pull over.

"Well let me help you." I offered.

"No Honey. They need you at the hospital." He argued.

"They need you too!" I argued back.

"No! Just go to the hospital I will meet you up there." He yelled through the phone and hung up.

I rolled my eyes and drove off to the hospital. "Asshole." I mumbled.

I ran into the pit and threw on a cover up and started putting on gloves.

"What do we have?" I said running outside waiting for an ambulance.

"Bad accident on Peachtree." Dr.Williams, chief of surgery, answered.

And like clock work an ambulance pulled up and he was in the back of it. We opened the doors and he was holding his hands on an open wound on the side of the patients chest and it was a piece of glass stuck in the center of his chest.

I helped them pulled the stretcher down and ran in the hospital with Pierce still holding the wound.

"We need to get him to the OR now!" Pierce yelled.

"He needs a head CT !" I argued.

"Honey this patient is openly bleeding from a wound near his heart and his pulse is weak! He is not stable enough for a head CT!" He argued back.

"Fine I'll bring the CT to us then." I said running off to get a portable CT scan.

I made it back to the OR and was looking at the scans. "Look a brain bleed right there."

"Congrats Dr. Manhannsen you were right. Now can you get to surgery please." He said trying to stop the bleed from a patient.

I rolled my eyes and sent the intern back to put away the scan.

-

"You're a real asshole sometimes you know that?" I said to Pierce while scrubbing out.

"When it comes to my job I'm a lot of things." He said drying his hands and winking at me.

I shook my head and rolled my eyes. Then Morgan came into the room and looked at me and Pierce and started smiling.

"Well Well fucking Well. Look who has already met? So how was y'alls short date?" Morgan asked still smiling.

"We'll it could've been longer if somebody was on time." I said looking at my nails.

"I think the short date was great and it could've went somewhere else if it wasn't for the accident." Pierce commented.

"Oh really? Where was it gonna go?" Morgan questioned.

I just looked at Pierce and shook my head. "I don't know Pierce why don't you tell her."

"It was gonna go somewhere magical" Pierce exaggerated.

"I don't think it was gonna be so magical." I added.

"Well you're gonna just have to see how magical it would've been." He said smiling.

"Ooh and then you can tell me how magical it was. Was it neverlands magical orrrr was it magical like a ballon going up in the sky." She said the last part dry and rolled her eyes.

He came up behind me and whispered in my ear, "I think it'll be something so magical you can't even compare it to the neverlands."

"Now that's gotta be pretty damn magical." Morgan pointed out.

I rolled my eyes. "Okayyyyy. Have a good night guys." And with that I was about to walk out until: "Dr. Manhansen we need you for a consult."

I guess im here longer.