01. The Beginning

A/N: Thanks for choosing my story to read ^.^ this is my first fanfic

(Todoroki POV.)

The school bell rings and the entire class sits down like normal, awaiting the entrance of Mr. Aizawa which will come in a few seconds. It's our third year and the school keeps the classes with the same homeroom teacher throughout our schooling due to the League of Villains' constant disruption in our society. I think they want to make sure we all have trust in each other or something, or maybe to keep a close eye on everyone and their behaviors. I can't say for sure though.

The door slides open and Mr. Aizawa appears with his puffy yellow sleeping bag draped over his shoulder. He tiredly enters the room and shuts the door behind him. "Okay class. Today we'll be doing some basic training techniques with your quirks. Some of you still need some improvement in combat with them," he states. I let out a small sigh and rest my chin in the palm of my hand as I glance to the seat to my left. Sitting beside me ever since our first year is Momo Yaoyorozu. "You all need to get into your hero costumes and pick a partner you are compatible with for today," Aizawa continues.

Yaoyorozu looks my way and gives a small smile. I sit up straight and reply with a simple nod. Ever since our exam of our first year the two of us have come to know how well we can work together in our training. Whenever we get an assignment like this we pair up if possible. Today's exercise is already off to a good start.

"Yes. Kirishima?" Aizawa says. I look back over the classroom from my seat in the back and see Kirishima with his hand up.

"So we just pair up with someone we're compatible with our quirks with and spar?" he asks for confirmation. Kirishima isn't the brightest in the class, but I know he is a strong hero in training. He's been getting better over this last year and half. He's in the top ten of the class now, ever since Bakugou has been willing to help him study when given the chance.

Aizawa nods his head. "Yes. Don't just go and pair up with your friends though. I know for a fact who you all work well with and will reassign partners if I have to," he replies with a stern glare across the class.

After we all changed into our hero costumes we made our way toward one of the many outdoor training areas around UA. "So have you decided who you're pairing up with yet Todoroki?" I looked to my right and see Midoriya walking beside me, along with Iida and Uraraka.

"I'm going to be with Yaoyorozu," I answer simply.

I see a slight twinkle in his eyes as I gave him my answer, which confused me. Yaoyorozu and I are good at training together so I don't quite understand what's going through his head. "You and Yaoyorozu both work really well together! Even just in these training exercises!" he exclaimed happily and with quite a bit of enthusiasm.

I shrug my shoulders as we continue to head to the large field before us. "Well yeah. It makes sense. Plus I enjoy her company. I like her." Iida and Uraraka both suddenly drop their jaws and stop walking. I turn my head to face them and stop. "What's wrong? Are you guys not feeling well?" I ask, confused by their odd behavior.

Uraraka's face looks a shade darker than it normally is. She looks the same whenever she and Midoriya are alone. "Todoroki you can't just say something outright like that," she finally says to me.

"Like what? I was only speaking the truth."

Iida waved his arm down in a chopping motion like he usually does when speaking. "Todoroki what Uraraka is saying is that saying you are fond of a girl to people can be something rather intimate!" he explodes.

"Intimate?" His phrasing puzzled me. I bring my hand to my chin as I try to understand what they're telling me.

"He means you can't just go around spouting whatever comes to your mind dumbass." I look back up from my thoughts and see Bakugou and Kirishima approaching us. I look at him with a questioning gaze. He gives an exasperated sigh followed by a scoff as he and Kirishima pass us. "Saying you like a girl's company and that you like her, especially one who looks like Big Boobs, is something that will give people the wrong idea if you don't like her in that way fucktard."