Chapter 7 : The Berserk

" Well, are you coming or not ...?" Logan asked

" Just one second, I'm nervous here, I never mounted a horse before " 

" Seriously... " he shook his head.

Logan stood next to his horse. 

" Ok, come here... see that ? It's called a stirrup, You put your left foot there and lift yourself up, Your broken left arm won't be a problem, you won't be pulling yourself up with your hands anyway, The spring of your leg should propel you upward." 

" seems simple enough..." 

She climbed the stirrup with her left foot, put her right hand on the saddle to balance herself and jumped up.

" Woaah ,woah... easy boy!" 

She was barely hanging on his back. 

" Put your other foot on the right stirrup, Relax and try to get in the center, don't lean sideways.!" He was giving instructions while holding the horse head to calm him down.

" Ok, Ok, I got it... I think..." she said when finally getting in a comfortable position.

" aren't you coming up as well ?" She asked

" there's no need to, we're going to be walking anyway, we can't take the horse running with your arm still at that state, also, He's going to get tired quickly if he's carrying us both the whole time" 

He took the horse lead rope and starting walking toward the forest.

"Hey, Did your bring enough supplies to last you through your trip ? Your backpack looks kind of empty..." she asked

" Well, I managed myself so far, So I'm good"

" Hmph, Just so you know... mine is full with bunch of sweets I found the other day, I even have Peanut butter. And I'm not sharing any of it !"

" Suit yourself kid..."

" Can you also stop calling me a kid, I turned 15 last month. And I can take care of myself better than most adults, even better than you I'd say, Old geezer..."

" Then do you care to explain why you're traveling with this old geezer ?, If you're so good on your own ? ..."

She pointed at her left arm

" You think I would be counting on anyone if It wasn't for this ... I've been living on the outside world for about 5 years now, I can definitely take care of myself even with a broken arm against the Infected. But they are not my only problem out here. If you really saw those trucks..."