Chapter 5 : Last Wish

We were sneaking our way through the hallway, Neil and I. We passed next to MAMA's room, Her Lights were still on, and the door was slightly open.

So we were a little extra careful and even took lighter steps.

We reached Outside , to the orphanage yard, And that's where I saw them, All the other 9 kids each one with his adult.

We all smiled and waved to each other, all of us kids had a grin on our face, everyone had the thought of seeing what was behind the orphanage walls every once in a while.

So it goes without saying how excited we all were at that moment.

We all stood up in front of the big gate, We kids grouped up and we were all hyped up together about going out for the first time, Each one of us was showing it in his own weird way, For me I couldn't even take that excited smile off my face.

The grown-ups also were talking together for a minute, Then they came to us, and one of them stepped up, it was Allen's Adult, and she asked:

" Everyone's ready ?... How about we play a little game kids. How about ... A race, Each one of you will go with his caretaker. and each team will take a different way outside, The winners will be those reaching our meeting spot first"

We all looked at each other and nodded, It seemed fun, A little competition is always a good thing to have.

Every kid went next to his adult-friend, I stood next to Neil, Who patted my head and was smiling at me.

"Let's win this" He said

"Umm ! Let's win ! " I put both my hand up out of excitement.

One of the adults opened the big gate, Then we all walked outside for the first time. Each team took a route.

"So this is how the city looks like... there are a lot of houses and they're all different from the orphanage." I was looking left and right while trying to catch up with Neil's fast steps.

"There's still more to see" Neil said

Suddenly I heard loud sirens starting off, They came from the Orphanage, We didn't really get that far away, So I could still see it.

All the lights turned on, security Guards came out running, MAMA too, I saw her running outside, She had a look of distress on her face. They were panicking and shouting. 

"What's going on ?! The gates are open and all the kids are gone? where did they go ?"

"Some of the Doctors and nurses aren't here too, What on earth happened ?"

" I saw two of them running south ! "