Chapter 2 : Those left behind.

Candus city, One of many towns that were abandoned after the incident 20 years ago. The incident that originally occurred in Grace city, The neighboring town and The capital...

People rarely approach these cities, Or even get close to them... Since the first breakout started there and people were in no position to react in time, About 90% of 7 million citizens living in that area became sick.

Those who survived escaped Grace city and all cities nearby it, and they never stopped running away until they got a safe distance away from the source of the incident.

Survivors were traumatized from the experience they had, after the stories they told about the hell that broke loose in those areas, People never even had the thought of trying to fight back for those cities. They called it 'The abandoned area'

Everyone would have loved for that to be the end of it, But viruses are exceptionally good at particularly one thing... Spreading.

A few survivors already had the disease, and it was only a matter of time before they turned into 'them' . 

It all happened all over again. Nowhere was safe after the second breakout, it has spread all over the world. People started calling those zombie-like creatures 'The Infected'.

Humanity was pushed back into small districts they established, they built walls and hid behind them.

However, at that point humanity already lost against the infected. Humans population that was around 7.5 billion before the first two breakouts was reduced to less than 50 million.

Humans rarely step outside districts, they only do when traveling between them, or looting the abandoned cities for supplies.

Or in special cases like Logan's , Missions like transporting people or merchandise between districts or to other places. It became a Well known job, And many requested their services. They were called 'travelers' .

They had more experience than others on surviving on the outside world, However, Even among them, Few would dare step into 'The abandoned area'.

Logan having accepted a job across the country, got tasked with going to the Western side and bring back a package to the Eastern side districts, He had little options, If he decides to take the long route traveling between districts on the south of the country, His trip would roughly take about 2 months.

Usually Logan wouldn't accept a job requiring this much time, But the amount of gold that was offered made him reconsider, If he does this, He can lay back for a while, and he would have enough to last him through next winter.

Also, He had other plans to cross between the East and West side of the country, He wasn't the kind of man to waste more time than needed. He decided to cross the 'abandoned area'.

Specifically, through a well known town, Candus city, The second town the virus spread to after it started at Grace city.