Chapter 8: Helpful Love Interests

Start from the beginning

"Are you okay?" I asked her.

"Ah, yes." She said with a fake smile.

"No, you aren't." I said, knowing she was lying. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing." She said. "Just my shoulder hurts. I'll be fine, though."

"Come here." I said.

I walked behind her and started massaging her shoulders. A few seconds passed before she turned around, causing me to stop.

"Wait, oppa." She said. "I shouldn't be the one getting a massage."

"What?" I asked confused.

"You're the one who has been working so hard." She spoke. "I should be the one giving you a massage. Come here."

She took a step and reached for my shoulders but I turned away.

"I'm okay, JC." I said. "Really. I don't need one."

"But you gave me one." She said. "The least I could do is give you one in return."

"But you needed one." I said.

"And you don't?" She asked, raising a brow.

"I don't." I shook my head, looking away, when in reality I would love one.

"Please, oppa." She got in my sight of view and was making puppy dog eyes. I slightly smiled and blushed.

"Alright, fine." I gave in.

"Yay!" She exclaimed, coming behind me.

"But only for a minute." I stated.

"Yes sir!" She said, giggling afterwards, causing me to snicker at her cute giggle.

A minute passed and James came over.

"What are you two doing?" He asked, causing JC to stand beside me and stop her massage.

"My shoulder was hurting so D.NK oppa gave me a massage and it really helped." JC confessed. "I wanted to return the favor."

He looked at us both, and all I could do was keep my head down.

"Way to help each other out." He spoke, causing me to look up at him, shocked that he didn't scold us. He walked away and I looked at JC.

"Thanks JC." I mumbled.

"Of course oppa." She smiled. "Thank you too."

At that moment, the staff came in motioning for us to start heading to the stage since we were next.

"Good luck, oppa." JC said, hugging me.

My eyes widened and I put my arms up, getting ready to hug her back, but she let go before I could due to my hesitation.

"Fighting!" She exclaimed.

I nodded before slowly walking away, still in shock.

"You okay, D.NK?" Hikaru asked me, touching my back to get my attention.

"Huh?" I looked at him. "Oh, yeah. I'm okay."

"Good." He nodded. "Stay focused so we can do well."

I nodded and we continued walking to arrive at the stage and start performing.

*****

-Saturday, June 30, 2018~10:30AM-

~A.D's POV~

I walked into the company building to discover Pop on the side of the receptionists desk, looking through something.

"Good morning, Jiyoung noona." I greeted. "Good morning, Hongbin hyung."