Chapter 4-a new rival approaches

{photo by Elentori}

After the nights dinner and celebration, Lance head up to his bedroom to do a bit of research.

First part: who the hell is Keith Kogane?

Lance grabbed his laptop and snuggled up in his bunk, beginning his search. First, he typed his name into the google search bar.

A few YouTube videos came up first. One video was titled "Team Voltron tryouts" and it was basically an hour long video of the tryouts today. The other was titled "Winner tryouts: Keith Kogane & Lance McClain" and just showed their tryout clips and said their names.

Next was a buzzfeed article about Keith and Shiro. The title was: "Newest member of Team Voltron: jaded and mysterious?" Lance clicked that one, his eyes reading the paragraph.

"Newest member of famous circus, Team Voltron is a fire-eating contortionist named Keith Kogane. Accompanied by a stunning acrobat, Lance McClain, the two will join the worldwide team and travel with each other for Four Years until their contract ends. But is there more going on between the newbies?" Lance read aloud.

The hell? Lance barely even KNEW Keith. What could possibly be between them? He kept reading.

"Despite not knowing each other, fans around the world speculate the newbies will have an incoming rivalry as soon as the new season begins. From that, their teammate relationship could either crumble to dust or blossom into something fresh and new."

Wait, we're they implying that Keith and him might...no. No way. Lance didn't even KNOW Keith. There was no way that was ever going to happen. never ever ever.

Lance sighed, continuing to read the article.

"Not only are some fans angry that the young Kogane was picked, but some believe it was biased by the team leader, Takashi Shirogane (see also: shiro), who is speculated to have picked the young boy because of their relationship."

Lance continued reading, a little intrigued.

"We don't know much about them, but all we do know is that Shirogane and Kogane have been adoptive brothers for the past few years, Shirogane raising the boy himself while the two attended private school together. There is no other information on their brotherly relationship, but fans still speculate the pick to be biased."

Lance sighed. What a load of shit.

"One fan states that 'It only makes sense Shiro pick him. He probably taught that boy tricks from a young age just so he could fake out the competition and get in right away because of his status. It wasn't fair.' While others say how Shirogane is an honest man, and said himself that his teammates agreed unanimously that Kogane he picked to join their team, brother relations or not."

Lance huffed.

"Shirogane stated himself that 'even if Keith and I weren't brothers, even if we didn't know one another, I'd still have the exact same results. I do not regret my choice to bring Keith and Lance onto the team, and I believe both boys will be outstanding."

Lance's tummy fluttered and he chewed his lip. Did Shiro really think that?

Lance skimmed the article again and again until it was done, and he clicked an article about himself, wanting to see what the press had to say about his win.

Lance bathed in the glory for a half hour, reading how spectators called him handsome, one even saying "he floated through the air like a bird, so naturally like he was born to soar" making him feel all mushy and happy on the inside. After Lance finished reading, his Mama called him downstairs, and he came down in his PJ's.