Gossip #21:

Monica covered her face with her books as she scurried out the hallway to the girls’ hall.

A whole bunch of girls from her grade and below just look at her, grimaces on their faces. They looked as if they would yell at her any minute, or throw gum at her hair. Majority of them just looked like they were about to explode laughing which was what most of them did. Some of them looked even sorry for Monica.

“Monica!”

Olivia’s voice ripped through the hallway and Monica felt her whole face burning with fire. She hadn’t ever told Olivia about why she had left. Did her mother tell her father who told her? Or did her mother straight on tell Olivia about Monica’s past?

“Monica, slow down!”

A guy walked past Monica through the girls’ halls and laughed at her. A whole bunch of girls walked by and started talking trash like “hey, Olivia. Nice going. You might be the new replacement to the party next week” or “you guys are seriously sisters? Does Monica, like, put worms in your bed or something” and even “how many of Dan’s friends has she slept with?”.

Monica did not have STDs and she also definitely wasn’t going to be replaced from anyone’s party.

“Can’t you listen to me!”

Monica stepped out the hall to the school’s courtyard where a lot of the other students stared out at. Boys, girls were all surrounded the walls of the library and classes, licking their lips, with their phones in one hand, and their books in the other.

“Monica!”

“What?!” Monica screamed back, glaring at the freak she had called her sister. “What do you possibly have to say about this?”

“I’m sorry,” Olivia exclaimed, stepping closer.

Monica stepped back, her eyes hardening and her jaw tightening. There was no way this girl was ever going to be happy under Monica’s watch. That, Monica would make sure of. “No, screw it.”

“Monica, I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to tell her,” Olivia said, her lower lip quivering. She seemed like a doll, crying in front of Monica. She had the same innocence as Michelle had. They both had the same stupid crying faces. And they both had the same devious minds. “It was completely forced. I had no say.”

“Really?” Monica challenged, her face burning with hate. Her throat felt heavy and her tongue tasted sour. “So apparently Michelle forced you? So apparently Michelle made you tell her? So apparently Michelle is all of a sudden more superior than I am!”

“Face it, Monica,” Olivia said, her voice barely a whisper. Her hands were shaking now, and she looked like she was about to puke. “You completely hated me, how else was I supposed to react?”

“So you thought this would be the perfect way of getting back at me?” Monica screamed. “I can’t believe I am being publicly humiliated by a ninth grader! And I can’t believe I called you my sister before!”

Olivia shook her head, tears streaming down her face. “I didn’t mean to, though. I didn’t think she would do that.”

“Then why did you tell her, huh?” Monica asked, her arms crossed. She was so close to sprinting over to the bitch and ripping her mouth off. “You just wanted to be closer so that you could finally be something. So that you can finally have credit for some of her work and have her bend down to your knees?”

“She made me!” Olivia squealed. “I wanted something so bad and the only way I could get it was if I told her the truth about you.”

Monica scoffed, rolling her eyes. She was tired, irritated, and embarrassed. Not a good Monica combination at all. “So you thought that your little ambitions couldn’t wait? My life is so much more important than yours!”