Chapter 12: Waiting on Day Four //FINAL DAY// (The Date)

Start from the beginning

I felt my hands start sweating, but I already felt how hers were the same way, so I wasn't as worried. She linked arms with me, and lead me in through the doors, where we were greeted by a young waiter. He looked around nineteen, but seemed mature. He bowed to us, and smiled.

"Hello. Welcome to [f/r]. My name is Joshua. Do you have a reservation?"

[Y/N] looked down at me and smiled, before she turned back to look at Joshua.

"Yes. We have a reservation for two."

"And, what's the name it's under?"

"[L/N]."

"Ah, miss [Y/N], and miss Jaiden. Please, follow me to your table."

I saw [Y/N] nod, and we were lead over to a small, cushioned booth near the corner of the room. Joshua stood to the side as [Y/N] and I took our seats across from each other. Joshua cleared his throat, and fixed his collar.

"As you know, my name is Joshua. I will be your waiter for the evening. Now, would you like to order any drinks or appetizers for starters?"

He turned to [Y/N], and she simply ordered [f/d]. He nodded, wrote it down, and then turned to me. I gulped and smiled nervously, fiddling with the ends of my hair. He stood there for a moment, before I finally managed to mutter a quiet, "j-just a w-water p-please..."

God I hate social anxiety.

He nodded and wrote it down, then looking over at [Y/N].

"Would you like any appetizers?"

[Y/N] looked over at me for conformation, and I didn't know what to do, so I simply shrugged. She smiled and turned back to Joshua.

"Uh, just chips and queso please."

Joshua nodded, and left the table, leaving me and [Y/N] there by ourselves. I turned to her nervously, and when we made eye contact, I turned my gaze to the wall awkwardly.

"So....Jaiden.....uh...."

I gulped and felt my face heat up.

Good lord, I hate these moments.

No one's P.O.V

You and Jaiden sat there in silence for a moment before Jaiden started chuckling. Confused, you raise an eyebrow and smirk.

"What's got you in a giggly mood?"

"Do you remember when we were like six or seven, and we would always play dress up?"

"Yeah? What brought that up?"

"Because, the outfit I'm wearing? I barely realized it's pretty much the exact same one my mom bought for me when we had one of our little catwalks."

You observed her outfit and laughed, covering your mouth with your hand. You and Jaiden sat there giggling for a while before you calmed down. You smiled and stared into Jaiden's eyes, which were showing both nervousness, and love. You placed your hand over hers, which was resting on the table. You sighed and rubbed little circles on the top of her hand.

"S-So, Jaiden. You know how we've been friends for....pretty much....forever, right?"

"Y-Yeah?"

"Well....ever since we were teenagers....I.....had a huge crush on—"

"Aaaaand, here we are, with the chips and queso for your appet—oh. Did I....ruin....something?"

You look over at him and smile nervously, quickly removing your hand from Jaiden's. You glanced over at her, and saw that she was both curious, and now upset. You cleared your throat and waved your hands dismissively.