Interview With Chocl8Muffin

I interviewed Chocl8Muffin next. I'm glad that she agreed because I found her answers to be particularly helpful. As of this interview, her story Teach Me How To Flirt has nearly 2 million reads. So, without further ado, here's the interview:

•‌•••••

Who is your favorite author?
James frey, author of a million little pieces and khaled el husseini, author of the kite runner.

What inspires you to write on Wattpad
I used to write on my sites before, but when i tried wattpad it contained everything the other sites lacked and I felt at home. What inspires me most is that with my writing i get many messages stating i changed a life somehow by writing a certain line in a certain novel. Knowing you have the power to do that is priceless and I write to keep feeling that

What was your reaction when you first hit over a million reads? How did you feel?
I reached the million views after I finished the novel. I believe i couldn't imagine how many people actually read what I had to say and loved the characters I was growing in my head. I remember feeling motivated to start a new novel.. and i did.

Is there anything specific you did to have your stories become so popular? If not, why do you think it did so well?
I believe i depended on letting people KNOW i had a novel to be read. I sent messages to everyone i could reach and all that. Still this was the starting point, later on you just gain your own fans and that's more than enough

Is there a writer on Wattpad, or an author in general, who influenced your style of writing?
I honestly don't know but I am a firm fan of HARRY POTTER and I read the James Frey books and I guess even if i am not aware, they have influenced me somehow.

Can you relate to any of the characters in your stories? If so, who and in what ways?
I can relate to Ella in teach me how to flirt, how she was always kind and kind of stupid really that she would let people hurt her and she would forgive them. Also I am related to Roya in he was my smoke, the sense of wanting to break free from your life and the constant guilt that followed her till she finally found closure says a lot about my personality.

Before your stories became so popular, could you ever imagine yourself to be in a such a position?
No, i always checked the best writers On wattpad and thought i would never be as good as them. But i wrote anyway and i am getting better.

How did you find out about Wattpad?
When i was young I wrote on another site and it fell apart. I heard from fellow writers that there is a good website called wattpad and That's how i found out about it.

Lastly, do you have any advice for up and coming Wattpad writers?
Well yes, write because you want to. Don't write to please your fans or please someone or the flow of ideas will freeze. You also have to pay attention to the growth of your characters. How they act when they are happy should be different from how they act when they are ecstatic. Know your characters. Finally, make sure that if you set your novel some time different that you have all information needed to write a reliable and interesting story line. Wattapad is filled with supportive amazing people and with some advertising you will gain all the fans you want.

•‌•••••

Thank you to Chocl8Muffin for letting me interview her! It was really fun, and I do think you should go check her out and follow her.