Interview with sakshismiling

Thanks a bunch to Sakshismiling for doing this interview. She was super kind and polite the entire time, which i definitely appreciate. I really enjoyed her work and finally got her a well deserved interview.

••••••

When did you start writing for the first time and actually realize that you liked it?
As far as my mum has told me, I always used to write. Writing has always been a part of me and I think it always be. I always liked writing, it was an outlet to my feelings because I have a difficulty conveying my words to people.

Could writing be a potential job for you in the future?
Yes, definitely. I would love to pursue a writing career, it's actually a dream of mine.

What give you inspiration for your stories?
People and music give me inspiration, a lot of it. I just observe a lot and I see the little things people do and how they act, what kind of music they listen to and it helps me build up my characters. As far as the plot line goes, I try and keep it as real as possible. There are parts in my stories that I, myself have been through or the people I know and hold dear have been through. I believe that if your story is real, it reaches people because they seem understand as well as feel it.

I've noticed that you've written two stories with musicians as the main characters. Is music something that's important to you? If so, what kind of music do you like?
Music is everything to me after writing. It's an art, it's a way to express and it's beautiful. It can never be wrong. Music has helped me come through difficult times, helped me deal with my emotions. I prefer to listen to indie and pop music a lot, but I really just have a blended music taste which is influenced by all my friends.

What was your reaction when you realized you were only 5k away from 10,000 reads [Wherever You Are]?
I just never thought people would actually care to read my books and it just makes me happy that they read and they like my stuff. Positive comments and the increasing number of reads never fail to put a smile on my face, never.

How did you find out about Wattpad? How long have you been using the website? Also, do you like it or do you think there are certain things that can be changed for the better [about wattpad]?
I found out about wattpad through a YouTube video, which I exactly don't remember now. But I didn't make an account until around 2012. I really like wattpad, I don't think I would change anything about it other than just introducing the original books found in the market on here.

Who are your favorite authors/books? Could you say that they've influenced your writing style?
I really like Markus Zusak. His style of writing is phenomenal, nothing else compares. But on the other hand, I'm not all picky about authors. I read books which interest me or which I really like. I can't say they have influenced me or not, because I believe in originality. Maybe the plot lines are, but my writing isn't and I'd like to keep it that way.

Do you base characters in your stories off of real people that you know (i.e yourself or a friend) or do you create completely new personalities?
My characters are real as well as imagined. I think it's a mix of both sometimes. The features and traits of my characters are something I would want in a person I know, a friend or a loved one maybe. It's all something I hope that still exists, like people of those kind are real and not just found in books and imaginations. While some of my characters are legitimately real people, not the exact same but still most of them is.

Do you have any advice for other wattpad writers who are trying to make it?
I'm not really good at advice and stuff, but I'd only tell them this. Just write originally, don't ever copy others' piece of work. They've already taken a whole lot of pain to get theirs out there, don't be the bad guy and ruin it. You write to be free, no one is stopping you from getting your thoughts out there. Don't let others pressure you into something you don't want to do. Write because you want to, because you feel it's important to you. And always, always believe in your art, your piece of work! It is never bad, it's an art and art is always supposed to be different and unique. It doesn't matter how your writing style is. What matters is all those feelings hidden between those words.

•••••

Make sure to check out sakishismiling, because she has a lot of talent! Thanks again to her.