Interview with AprilRegine

Next, I interviewed AprilRegine, who has many popular and well written stories. I found her through a friend of mine, who had recommended one of her stories to me. Her story Nothing's Guaranteed has over 600k reads, as of this interview. Here it is:

‌•‌•‌•‌•‌•‌•

How did you find out about Wattpad?
Through a friend. We used to get on to read fan fics when we were younger.

What gives you inspiration for your stories?
Life, different situations, movies. Sometimes even fantasies. All my stories deal with something that I visualized or was influenced by.

What was your reaction when your story got over 600k?
I was so shocked. I felt grateful that people were willing to take the time out to read my story, give me feedback, and all that. It is just nice to know as a person that loves to write that people actually want to see and read your work.

Do you have any advice for up and coming Wattpad authors?
Yes. Tons. But I think my most important advice would be to stay true to you, believe in your work, and know what you are writing about. Makes for a better story.

Who is your favorite author?
Hhhmm, so many. I have never considered my fave, but two I can pick are Cassandra Clare and John Green.

Can you relate to any of the characters in Your stories?
Not on a personal level, no. Many of my characters come from what I see in other people's lives.

Do you see yourself still writing in ten years from now?
Yes! And I hope to be. I love it. It helps me keep a sane mind and put down my feelings when no one else will listen.

Is there anything specific you did to have your stories get so popular!?
Um, no. Lol this happened totally to my surprise and I am thankful for all my readers who give my work the time of day. :)

‌•‌•‌•‌•‌•‌•

I'd just like to thank AprilRegine for allowing me to interview her. Please go check her out and make sure you follow her.