Chapter 12: Back Home

Chapter 12

Back Home

"Well, here we are. Home, sweet home. Please don't mind the mess, Nick and I left in a hurry." Alex, Beatrice, and Leonard were back in Tropside, in Alex's and Nick's old apartment. "I didn't think that it was this small," said Beatrice. "So what now?" asked Leonard. "Now, we need to think of a way to find Nick and whatever help he has managed to find." "Sounds easy." "It should be. Tropside is definetly not the largest town in Alabama." "Well, what are we waiting for?" "Lets get lunch first," Alex chimed in. "Really, Alex? Is food all you ever think about?" questioned Beatrice. "Hey, I'm hungry too!" said Leonard. Beatrice sighed, "Fine. We'll get lunch. Then we'll come back here and think of a way to do what we actually came to do." "We need a name," said Alex. "...what?" "We need a name," Alex repeated. Beatrice threw her hands up in the air and shouted, "I GIVE UP!!!!!" "Ok, I'll think of one then," Alex resolved. Leonard couldn't breathe. He was laughing too hard.

"Honestly professor, when will you be done with my head?" "Nearly through. Calm yourself, Nick. I need to find out what these light waves coming from your head are for." Professor Wesley Kropp was finished with Veloci, and had now turned his attention back to Nick. "Wait, I have an idea," said Blur, "Wait here. I won't be a moment." Kropp left and headed for the back of the lab, leaving Nick and Victor alone. "Veloci, you said earlier that you and your brother were involved in an explosion, and that Blur would be amazed at what Dimitri could do. Tell me, what CAN Dimitri do?" Victor smiled, "Well, I'll have to tell you about the explosion. Dimitri and I were performing a raid on some secret reptile lab a while back. Apparently they were keeping some extremely rare species of lizard, and that would fetch a pretty penny if we were to sell it, so we made plans to steal it. Dimitri and I were in different parts of the lab. I was by the fossils. Dimitri was by the snakes. In with the fossils was a piece of tissue in a canister filled with some sort of preservation liquid. Apparently it was still attached to a Velociraptor skeleton when it was unearthed, and sent there for further testing. Well, we had been discovered, but we didn't know it. Someone planted explosives throughout the lab and set them off. Everyone except Dimitri and I was vaporized. The piece of tissue was part of the Velociraptor, and when the place blew, it flew straight into me, along with bone fragments of many other fossils. That's how I can do what I do. At the time of the explosion, Dimitri was between two snakes. A python, and a spitting cobra. Their DNA melted into his, and now," Veloci chuckled. "Well, don't get on his bad side. That is all I will tell you."