20: Last Day

I look up at my reflection in the mirror. Since I'm carrying twins, my baby bump is more prominent and I had to wear a lot of oversized clothing to cover it up. Carly and I have made a plan since she's leaving tomorrow after the ceremony and since it's her last day here before she has to go back, she's having a day out with all of us.

Noah and I aren't speaking because after that whole fight two days ago, we've had at least three more. It's official, he doesn't want children.

I even asked him what if I fall pregnant now or in a year or so and he replied:

"I pray to the Moon Goddess that it won't happen and if it does, I'm sorry, but I might consider giving it to a couple who can't have pups." I cried and stayed with Aiden that night. I can't handle this anymore. I told Aiden everything and he's pissed at Noah as well, but Noah doesn't seem to notice. Carly, Nathan, and Aiden know about my pregnancy and how I'm going to handle it. I don't necessarily trust anyone else with my secret, since they might go blabbering to Noah about it and then everything will be so much worse than it already is, since he'll accuse me of lying and keeping secrets even after we promised we wouldn't. Well, he's keeping secrets so I shall do so as well.

I look to my left and stare at Noah. His jaw is clenched and his fists are squeezing the steering wheel to the point that when he lifts his hands, there are indentations. I sigh and shake my head. We just had another fight, but about me wanting to help out with the project. Noah said that I don't have to worry about anything and that all I have to do as Luna, is look after the members that live in the house by helping with the cooking and playing with the orphans. Anybody can do that. I want to do more, but he refuses.

I don't know what happened to us. This darkness snuck up on us and I noticed Noah is a lot more stressed out about something, but whenever I ask about it, he grunts and tells me it's nothing, just the project. I am worried about him, yes, but I can't help him if he pushes me away. I often contemplate just yelling back until he relents, but I don't want a screaming match and the rest of the house shouldn't have to listen to our disagreements. It's tense whenever we sit at the dining table with the rest of the pack; nobody utters a sound when Noah and I arrive, afraid their Alpha might blow his top.

At first, everybody was excited whenever I joined dinner and proudly took my rightful seat next to their Alpha, but these days the pack immediately halt all conversations and silently scarf down their food, eager to remove themselves from the table. Noah often rolls his eyes whenever someone scurries away. I usually nudge his leg with my foot to keep him from frightening his members even more, but it doesn't work anymore. Now he turns his glare towards me and scoffs at my pleading gaze.

He isn't always harsh and rude, sometimes he tries to make up for the tension by cuddling, dates and lots of massages. He knows I love a good back or head massage and I know how much he enjoys me playing with his hair. It has grown to the point of me being able to braid it back and tie it into a tiny nub at the top of his head. His ruffled, dark curls always appear disheveled and even after a thick coat of gel, there is always a rebel or two swooping into his eyes.

I don't know what to do anymore, but I didn't let Noah get me down. His attitude does have its ups and downs, but I still love him and I know if he would just tell me what's bothering him so much, I could help or support him.

I'm training less these days, afraid that I might injure the babies, but my rank has escalated to Female warrior. Every week we compete to see where our level is and mine is above most of the females who have trained since they turned ten.

I am proud of myself and so is Aaron. Noah doesn't really know though, he's been too busy ever since the attack. He doesn't know that my goal is to become the First Women's Warrior. I know that as Luna, I am supposed to be stronger than the female warriors, but it has been my drean ever since I was thrown into that dungeon. I wanted to become strong enough to kill Alpha Drake.