11: Discovery

Author's note:

Hey guys!
Thank you guys so so much for still reading my book, I appreciate it so much.

Love you <3
And thank you.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I do not know what could be worse; the fact that I thought that Carly was an ex-lover when I saw the tattoo, or that she could be Noah's family, which I thought he didn't have. I certainly haven't seen anybody who remotely resembles Noah, but then again, I have only been here for a month. Could she be his cousin? Could she be his sister? No. Noah told me that he had no siblings when we were playing twenty questions.
Would Noah lie to me? He has lied to me before. It is possible. But he would have told me by now, right? Right?
If he still has family, why are they not here to help and support him?

I have heard so many things from Aiden about the way Noah was before I had come here. Apparently, he was heartless and ruthless and I suppose I have heard a story or two being whispered in my old pack about the notorious Alpha of Dark Crescent pack, but I thought they were mere rumours, nothing you should lend your ear to if you have not seen it before your very own eyes. Do not trust anyone else's warped judgements too easily, my father used to say. I always follow that piece of advice. Everyone has their own little twisted version of a person; the way they see the person. It's like asking an enemy of Aiden what they think about him and their perception would be completely different from mine.

The only problem that remains; Noah is like an onion. I have seen so many sides to him already, everytime you peel through a layer, there's another one awaiting your persistence keeping you from breaking through the thick skin to get to the core; his heart. Each layer seems to get thicker and thicker, like an onions', but as you keep scraping at the steel layer that is one of many with bloodied fingernails, you get closer to what you are trying to reach. His defences will weaken the closer you get, but you have to work hard and blink away the tears obscuring your vision, threatening to stream down your cheeks. He is fragile. With so many layers, he could lose his true self as well. He would struggle to recognize himself after hardening all of the outer layers for years. That is my perception of Noah. He is an onion. Someone with many layers and each one more difficult to reach than the other, and you lose a little part of yourself along the way, but you also gain so much more when you finally peel that last layer away; you gain his heart and maybe even by then, he would've been able to see all of the effort you have put into gaining a part of him, never giving up, that he would entrust you with his most fragile part. I hope that he would trust me to keep his heart safe as I already am a part of his soul just like he is mine.

The sudden spark running along my back, originating from my shoulder, catches my attention and I turn my head to the side. Noah's lips trail down my shoulder to my neck and I have to bite my lip to keep the embarrassing sounds at bay.

"Good evening, Love. Have you been awake this entire time?" I hum with a nod as his lips leave a sizzling trail down the nape of my neck to the curve of my neck where it meets my shoulder. I didn't notice that Noah's hoodie is laying on the floor next to us. When did that happen?

"I need access to your luscious neck and you were so deep in thought, I couldn't resist." He explains when he catches me staring curiously at the article of clothing on the floor. I only have a tanktop on now and it reveals half of my back, so I am not surprised when I hear Noah's sharp intake of breath when he reaches my back.

"Who is Carly?" I ask, turning around to face him and to keep him from seeing my back. His eyes linger on my shoulder before snapping up to meet mine.

"What?" His voice comes out hollow and raw with sadness. The raspy sound broke my heart and the sight of his watery eyes don't help me all that much.