Chapter 1 : A surprising encounter.

"I really hate this town."

this was all Logan was thinking about while riding his horse through the town he used to live in.

it would be fair to call it a ghost town at this point, Since nobody in their right mind would be living here anymore, And to be honest .. Why would they, It's a place only fitting for those who have a death wish.

Logan kept going ahead on its empty streets filled with wild plants and random herbs growing everywhere, He kept looking left and right, Hoping he can find anything nostalgic about this place.

But all he saw was broken windows, cars crashed into each other on the side of the road, Plants growing up and covering the city walls... No signs of life.

This city was abandoned a long time ago.

He suddenly jumped off his horse and stood in front of a big building, In worse shape of all the previous ones, No one would be surprised if it collapsed any second now.

It was the bank he used to work in as the head of security staff. He could easily just walk in right now and grab about a couple of million dollars from the vault.

"what use does money have at this world." Logan Sighed.

the only thing they can be used for, Is just feeding them to a burning fire, To get some warmth at cold nights.

Money no longer rule this world, not since those 'creatures' showed up 20 years ago. Only fear does now. 

His old house was about 3 blocks away, But he hesitated.

"I don't have time to go there... I have a job to do."

He clearly didn't want to see the place he used to call home a while ago. Saying he had a job was just adding more reasons to not go.

Logan gently caressed his horse head. 

" the sun is about to set, we need to find a place for tonight. it would be dangerous to stay in the middle of this town, let's move pal."

he was still murmuring while gathering some branches from a couple of trees here and there and putting them in the middle of the road, Then he started a fire.

" this should be enough of a distraction, It would buy us enough time to find a safe place for tonight"

He got up on his horse and took out as fast as he can away from there...

                                                                                              ***

As he just reached the outskirts, Something interesting caught his attention, a little wooden cabin in the forest right outside the town.