Chapter 2

When accounts of ghost are recorded they always possess the attribute of having a strong supernatural aurora. However the boy who stood before me wasn't supernatural or ghostly or dead for that matter. No,he stood there very much alive and expectant. As if he was waiting for some grandiose surprise party and loving embrace. Staring at him,I feel tears slip out from my eyes. The pair of us standing across from the other our bodies in close proximity.

I open my mouth to speak but my throat feels dry and tight, allowing nothing to escape my lips. His brown eyes melt into mine holding me captive. I feel his hands wipe away my continuous tears, only initiating the ugly sob I'd managed to restrain. My head lay upon his chest as I quickly found myself in his embrace. His strong grip soothing as he rubs my back carefully.

I take a deep breath trying to calm myself down, his cologne to filling my nostrils. It felt like a dream. It quite possibly could have been one. Except for the fact I felt an undeniably real heated gaze burning into the back of us. I ignore it.

Pulling away I cup the face of the boy I'd mourned earlier that day. The face of Flynn Wesley, the boy I was in admiration of. I bite my lip as I fought a grin staring at him. I bury my face into his chest letting out a shaky laugh.

" You're not dead," I whisper.

I feel his arms pull me in tighter acting as reassurance to my previous statement. Flynn loosens his hold, allowing me to fully analyze him. His jaw was still as sharp as ever, something I was very fond of. It made his face seem hard and aged, camouflaging his boyish personality. His cheeks were still red, the ruby coloring ceasing to fade, acting as a constant reminder of his beauty. I felt his hands release their hold breaking my trance. Flynn offers a smile before speaking. " I suppose you want an explanation," he states.

I shake my head slowly in response, his face mimicking a frown. I cautiously removed my hands from his, wrapping my frail arms around myself. I clear my throat roughly. " Honestly I prefer not to know the convoluted scheme that made you off yourself. I want to stay pitifully ignorant."

Flynn grabs my hands bringing them up to his lips. He adorned them with kisses, causing me to shake my head once more. I attempt to wrench my hands away, but they are caught in his steel grip. I try again, this time Flynn locking onto my shoulders. I let out a shaky breath closing my eyes tightly. I step out of his grip swiftly, preventing to hazel eyed boy's recapturing.

" Flynn I can't do it," sputter out, " You have no idea what I went through when I saw you lying there," I speak my voice cracking, as the image of him seeping out blood flashes through my mind. I felt it coming back then, the familiar tension in my lungs. My vision limiting itself, my world slowly becoming a black void. My breath ragged as I start going limp faster than I can process. Flynn recognized it, I could see his eyes widen.

"Gray I need you to calm down," he orders.

My heartbeat rages against my chest, pounding in my ears. My chest squeezes like I'm underwater. God, it felt like I was dying.

" I can't, I can't, It's too much. I can't breathe," I gasp sinking down to the ground. My hands holding my forehead as tears continued to fall mercilessly. Flynn watched me with concerned eyes, as I unraveled in front of him. Crouched down in front of my tear-stained face, he tucks a strand of hair behind my ear.

" Gray you have to breathe. I promise beautiful you're going to be alright, but you got to breathe for me okay." He assures, his hands framing my face.

I'm dizzy as his words of encouragement ring out like chapel bells in my head. My world spinning in a twister of anxiety and self-loathing. It isn't until I feel his cool lips against mine I find myself in Oz. Flynn's lips mold with my mine fitting perfectly. I let my eyes shut gently, and lean into him. At my response he grips my waist to steady himself, pulling me up to standing in the process. All the while our lips never detaching. His lips are familiar and taste of freshly brewed coffee, warming me from the inside out. Becoming aware of my need for oxygen, I pull away meeting his hazel orbs. His arms stay wrapped around my small frame before he placed a careful kiss to my forehead. The lingering of his lips intoxicating me with the sin that consumed him.