Day Nineteen

Hi everyone! Today is day 19 of our Spiritual Scavenger Hunt! Wow, I think we're starting to come close to the end of week 3. I've said this before, and I want to stress it again; please do not fear or worry if you feel like you haven't learned or gained anything just yet! The future is full of new surprises waiting for us, and often it takes time to truly learn new values or to mature spiritually. It can be frustrating, but here's some good news - it also helps us increase our patience! Just remember that God's timing is PERFECT, and the Holy Spirit will definitely reveal to you the answers you need when the time is 100% right.

So, where shall we head today to search for God's prescence? I give you only one criteria: some place that you haven't been before. Ever! It can be a new city, a new park, a new town, a new coffee shop. As long as you're going somewhere that you haven't stepped foot in!

Why? There are several benefits of going somewhere new! Sometimes, in these new places you discover new things that you love about life! This is just another opportunity to find more beautiful things to praise God and feel thankful for. Also, by going somewhere that you don't know, you automatically are trusting God to get you through rather than relying on your own sense of the area and expectancies from the past.

When we enter new and unfamiliar situations in our lives, it can definitely seem scary at first! But during these times, we learn how to truly lean on God, which is what we are made to do! We also need to make sure that we have a positive attitude while heading into new areas of life. See, the very fact that they are new assures us that the possibilities of what blessings they may bring us are endless! These are not situations we've been through in the past. They are new, present situations, and we must have an open mind and a God-trusting heart!

Here's another challenge for you if you're up to it - while you're in this new place, if there are people around, introduce yourself to someone! If it doesn't turn out well, you're not coming home with anything less than you left with. In fact, you'll have gained experience with throwing yourself out there, so that you will gain even more confidence next time!

When you get home, open up your scavenger hunt journal (if applicable) and consider the following questions;

1. Why do we know that we can trust God in ANY situation, even new or scary ones?

2. Are there any situations in your life that you don't know how to deal with because they are unfamiliar to you? Does knowing that God is the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow and is always here help you?

3. Can you apply what you've learned today to your spiritual life?

Tomorrow, a new adventure comes our way, so keep an eye out! God bless!