Day Fifteen

Hello again! Today is the first day, not only of a new month, but also of week three of our Spiritual Scavenger Hunt! One thing I want you remind you all of is that every day is a new day, a new chance, a clean slate. If you mess up one day, learn from your mistakes and try harder the next day. The same can be said for a new month or a new week. If you’ve been feeling like you haven’t been truly devoting yourself to these activities, or if you’re feeling like you’re just not learning anything, put that behind you and look forward to this week. We should learn from our past, that’s for sure, but we shouldn’t assume that just because things have been one way in the past that they’ll be the same in the future.

You never know what the future holds, but you do know who holds the future. We know that our almighty God is able to turn mistakes into miracles, messes into masterpieces, fear into faith. He can put broken pieces back together again, nothing is too hard or impossible for Him. So, why not start the new week by looking forward to what it may bring? Relax, because God is working through you - let Him! If there’s any responsibility you need to take for past sins you’ve committed, take care of them as soon as you can, confess, and move on. Trust me, you’ll be alright. 

The hunt isn’t over yet, and there’s still so much time to learn so many new, amazing things! This week, we’re going to be searching for God in nature. After all, this earth is a work of art made by His perfect hands. If you take some time to clear your mind, and go outside with the attitude that this is an opportunity to find God’s presence. There are so many beautiful things to appreciate about this temporary dwelling place of ours ;D

Today, we’re going to keep the Bible verse Matthew 6:26 in mind and go outside looking for some birds. If you’re not familiar with the verse, it goes as follows; 

“Look at the birds of the air: they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they?” (ESV) 

Most people can look in their backyard or balcony and see a few birds perched atop a tree branch or even a rooftop. If there are no birds in your area, you might want to take a little trip down to the nearest park. Don’t rush yourself, let yourself trot slowly along. Enjoy your surroundings, not just the birds! Have you ever taken some time just to focus on the tiny details of life? You know, things like the patterns on the tree bark, the way the sun shines through cracks in the cloud, how even the ants have a purpose, how the grass is affected by different weather? I find it quite relaxing to just sit down somewhere and watch what’s in front of me. 

Now, I could ramble on about all the different things I love about life, or I could let you discover what YOU love about life. So, what’s the point of me sending you out to watch birds? I want you to pay attention to the simple bird. Birds aren’t like us, they don’t worry about things, they just do what they are meant to do. Our Heavenly Father provides for them, how much more will He provide for us? So, why worry ourselves? It’s hard to relax and trust that things are going to be exactly how they need to be, but when we look at how amazing our earth is and how everything here has a God-given purpose, it gets easier to see what great hands we’re in.

If you’re interested in further reading, open up your Bible to Matthew 6 and read the whole chapter. c: If you have a scavenger hunt reflection journal, consider the following questions;

1. Apart from Jesus, we can do nothing. But with Jesus, we are capable of anything! We can draw strength from His spirit, but often times we are unaware of the great power that lives inside of us. Can you think of one time when you drew strength from God in order to complete an activity or take a leap of faith? How did it make you feel?

2. What’s something you can do this week to relax a little and understand that your future is in good hands? 

3. How does it make you feel to know that, by believing in Jesus and accepting His gift of life, your old sinful self has been crucified with Christ and you are free from your past?

-Phew-. That was another long one today. I’m sorry if you ever feel like I’m bombarding you or overwhelming you with words and information. If anyone feels that way, don’t hesitate to drop me a message and I’ll try my best to slow things down a little! I suppose I just get so caught up in one idea, so many things flow through my head, and I end up wanting to share it with the world! I’ll be sharing more with you tomorrow, so be sure to check in then if you’re still on this journey with me!