Fourteen

First day of her sophomore year. Dara was walking trying to find her classroom in one of the building. She's trying to find her classroom her last class for the morning before lunch. She's now a sophomore in college at Seoul National University. Yup! She had graduated high school at the top of her class and with honors. Now she is facing a new chapter in her life and would like to enjoy it to the fullest. She was reading something on her schedule paper and was not looking when she bumped into a hard...that almost made her lose her balance if it wasn't for a pair of strong and muscular arms catching her on the waist. She panicked as she saw a pair of sneakers, long legs, and a hard chest. She slowly looked up and saw a magnificent being with a gorgeous smile, and a tantalizing eyes.

"Are you okay Miss..?" The gorgeous guy was asking her. "Miss?"

Dara snapped out of it as she realized that she's been staring at the gorgeous guy in front of her. Feeling blushed and embarrassed she immediately stepped back from him and shook her head.

"I-I'm so-sorry. I wasn't looking and not paying attention to where I was going." She was apologizing without looking at him.

The guy was grinning from ear to ear as he was staring at her. Noticing how she's blushing but still looks beautiful.

"Are you lost or something?" The guy asked her.

She finally looked at him but shook her head so fast for she still can't look him directly in the eyes. She was creasing her brows and closing her eyes as she was looking down.

"Jung Il Woo." Still grinning as he says his name.

"I beg your pardon?" With a puzzled look showing on her face.

"My name. It's Jung Il Woo.
And...you...are...?"

He asked still grinning.

Dara seems lost but she quickly recovered.

"Sandara Park but my friend's calls me Dara."

"Well...nice to meet you Dara."

Il Woo said as he extended his hand out to her. She hesitated at first but took his hand anyways. She finally smiled at him. Il Woo gasped as she gave him her genuine smile.

"Do-do you need help with something? Maybe I can help you? I mean that is if you allow me to."

Again he can see how she is battling herself at first but she finally nodded.

"Uhmm...yes please. Would really appreciate it. I'm looking for this room number actually."

She showed him the paper. Il Woo took it from her and looked at it.

"Oh I see. I'm actually going to that same direction I can walk there with you if that's okay with you?"

Dara nodded and then they both went ahead together.

"Is this your first year here?"

"Ani. Second year. You?"

"I'm a junior now. What are you majoring at?"

"Communication Media and minoring in Pediatric Psychology."

"That's really good. I'm in medical field focusing in Pediatric."

"Oh wow! That's great! I originally wanted to be a Pediatrician myself but blood, broken bones and I don't get along."

Il Woo burst into a heartfelt laughter that sounded music to Dara's ears.

"Gosh! You're just the cutest."

He saw her blushed again and it just amazes him that he is finally talking to her. The two years that he's been gone doing his mandatory military service did her good. She's no longer wearing her spectacle, she looks confident in herself, she's not afraid to talk to people anymore. She has become more beautiful than ever.

"Intro Psych. We actually have this class together. It is a requirement for my major, I'm sure yours too?"

"Yes it is. Well...I'm glad that I won't be alone then.

As they were walking to their class. Dara was trying to check him out from the side of her eyes. He seems really easy to talk to and she really like his smile. Hope that they can be friends and maybe more.

"Whoah. Where did that come from?" She thought to herself. "Well she is single and ready to mingle.

Dara and Donghae had broken up early this year. They were together all throughout her senior year and early freshman man year in college. Donghae went to a different college and things just didn't work out for them though they have tried. As for Jiyong he's still in the military. Last she heard about him was that he got promoted and will need to stay for another six months.

"Here we are. Let's go find our seats."

"Okay." Dara nodded and followed him.

They sat side by side to each other and they started getting along as they worked together.

"Lunch time finally. Say...do you want to grabbed lunch together? I mean that is of you have no other plans."

Il Woo asked for he is not ready to let her go yet. He waited two years for this.

"I'm a actually meeting my friends at the cafeteria. You're free to join us if you want."

She feels like hyperventilating because she also doesn't want to end it yet.

"Sure. But would that be okay though. I don't want to ruin any plans you may have with your friends."

"Yes it's definitely fine." She said so fast that made Il Woo feel amused and discreetly grinned from ear to ear. "I mean yes of course it is fine. My friends will definitely be okay with that." She said a little slower this time as she tucked in a loose hair behind her right ear.

"Well, that's good then. Shall we?"

"We shall." As she flash him a smile.

They finally reached the cafeteria and she started searching for her friends. She immediately saw Bom as she was waiving her hands up to them.

"Hello girls!" She greeted her friends as she was discreetly giggling which her friends noticed right away.

"This is Il Woo he's in my psych class. Il Woo these are my closest friends since high school. Bom , CL and Minzy."

Il Woo extended his hand out to each one of them and flashing them his famous smile.

Bom silently mouthed to Dara

"OMG! He is cute." As Bom put her hands to her chest.

"I know right!?" She responded the same way. They both giggled.

"So, Il Woo. What year are you?"

Bom started her interview.

"I'm a junior in medicine."

"A junior in medicine. Wow?"

Bom said bobbing her head with an impressive facial expression.

"Woah! Say... do you have a girlfriend Il Woo?"

CL then asked him the next question.

"CL!?" Dara called her out.

"What's wrong with my question unnie?" Dara could only feel embarrassed.

Il Woo chuckled at CL's question and looked at Dara as he answered it.

"No I do not have a girlfriend." Still looking at Dara.

The girls didn't missed that as they all looked at each other while giggling.
Dara and Il Woo ended up staring at each other.

"Uhmm...unnie you also don't have a boyfriend so it's good." Minzy the dongsaeng chimes in.

Dara broke the staring battle first as she looked at Minzy with wide eyes as she pressed her lips together blushing at the same time. Il Woo could only chuckled and said while looking at Dara again.

"Good to know." He said while smilingly looking at Dara as she blushed again which made him chuckled again.