Chapter Twenty-Two: Burn

Skylar could hear it, the sound of the piano playing from her room, she knew that it was Jace whom was playing it. She stayed silent, being able to hear the conversation between him and Sebastian. That guy reminded her of someone, someone that she possibly knew..too well but she simply could not figure it out.  Clary stepped into her sister's room, telling her that Alec was about to make an announcement..what was this about?

They stood there listening to every word what Alec said, Isabelle bothered by those who disrespected her brother as were the others. Alec finished his announcement, walking towards his little gang. "Look at you, in charge for a week, you're already shaking things up." Jace said with a faint smile at his parabatai who didn't seem to pleased.

"I need you three to go to the Seelie Court, the Queen wishes to only speak to Valentine's experiments. It's the only way to learn if the Queen was behind this." Alec said, the blonde shook her head and crossed her arms over her chest. "What is it?"

"I'd rather not." Skye replied, Jace and Clary exchanged glances and look back at her.

"She's busy with me, we made plans.." Isabelle spoke quickly, linking her arm around her parabatai quickly and pulled her closer, it was clear that she didn't plan on letting her go. "We need to get going...right Skye?"

"Right Izzy."

~

"Stay silent, let the angels from above lead you to your answer. Keep a clear, empty mind..think of nothing." Seraphina spoke softly, the blonde was currently in the green house, sitting on the floor holding a pencil in her hand with a sketchbook on her lap. Seraphina suggested letting the angels speak to her about a way to free Seraphina, made sense..to her at least that they would be able to figure this out or give her a nice clue.

"Okay-" Silence, the greenhouse was filled with pure silence as she sat there, her mind was clear..everything was relaxing and peaceful. She gasped when images flashed before her eyes, it was darkness..pure darkness and in the center was a sword, then it flashed to a lake. She could feel her hand drawing the images she thought of, after a few minutes it ended. She slowly looked down at her sketchbook, her eyes widening. "Oh god, if I steal this..the Clave will cut off my head with it." The sketch was of the mortal sword, she glanced down at her necklace that was pulsing extremely slow.

"The question is...will you risk your life to steal it?" Seraphina asked, she didn't have much of emotions at this moment.

"Yeah, I will risk my life to steal it." Skye whispered, the angel disappeared when she sensed someone approaching.

"That is a nice sketch of the mortal sword." Sebastian said, Skye looked up at him when he walked around her and sat down across from her. "You and I haven't spoken much.." He pointed out, keeping an eye on her when he spoke. She stared at him, she sensed that something was off about him and she couldn't explain the feeling, she couldn't explain it..it's as if she knew who he was but he didn't physical look like someone she knew. It was more of a connection kind of thing. "What is it?"

"Have we ever met? I mean I feel like I know you...but damn I can't figure it out." Skye said, Sebastian couldn't help but chuckle slightly at her question. He shook his head slowly, looking down for a few seconds and held out his hand. "What?"

"No I haven't met you elsewhere, may I take a look in your sketchbook? Isabelle says you and your sister have quite a skill when it comes to drawing." Sebastian said, see how fast he changed the subject? Slick bastard, Skye handed him her sketchbook and stayed silent as he looked through it. She simply stared, her blue eyes zoning in on him..she ran a hand through her blonde hair. The longer she stared, she felt her heart suddenly start to race..more image flashed before her eyes.

'Father is going to hurt you. You can't keep stealing his books!' Jonathan said, taking the book out of a young Skylnn's hands and ran off putting it back where it belonged. But he stayed there longer than he should have which worried the little girl that ran into the room but what she saw..was unbelievable. Her eyes widened, Jonathan surrounded by fire and her father standing there. "Help me! Father no! Skylnn!!! Help me!" He screamed.

A tear rolled down her cheek, she quickly wiped it away before Sebastian had the chance to notice. "These are amazing, Skylnn. You have a gift." Sebastian said quickly, handing back her sketchbook before he stood up and sighed. "It was nice, being able to chat with you again. Are you alright? You look as if you seen a ghost." She nodded slowly, he shrugged and walked away, his back was turned to her..as he grinned ear to ear.

"Did you see it?" Skylar asked softly as her necklace glowed brightly and pulsing quickly. "Is it possible? That...he's my brother?"

"If so, my dear Skylnn....Sebastian is up to no good. Avoid...keep these thoughts to yourself until we have proof of him being your brother. Don't be suspicious and act like your normal self. I have a feeling, he isn't here for a family reunion."

"No, he's here to make us feel pain. To make us hurt, I would know. Father put him through hell..literally. He probably wants those to burn..just like he did.."