Chapter Eight: Rise up

Simon a vampire, yes..quite odd to think about. Skylar knew this entire time how bad this would go, why? Well what person would want to be brought back and be something that is impulsive and different for a mundane. You cannot stand in the sun unless you wish to burn into ashes, you must drink to stay alive or you will die, some cannot control thirst around others...killing and blood. It was just-unbelievably hard to transition from being normal to a supernatural creature that no one but certain others believe it. Simon had made a run for it, Skylar, Jace and Clary had chased after the scared and shock new vampire away but did not find him. Raphael told them, that it was best to leave him be and wait until he came to terms about his new lifestyle.

Jace shook his head as Clary went on and on about how she had to help him and she was right. She needed to help her bestfriend as quickly as possible but that mission did not last long. Jace had called Alec, but Isabelle had responded instead explaining what had happened. "Clary, we need to go back." Skylar said when Jace had ended the phone call with Izzy and sighed. The two exchanged looks before hurrying up, and wanted to go back to check on everyone. 

"No! What about Simon?!" Clary asked, squeezing in between the two and looked at them with eyes filled with nothing but panic and worry.

"Clary-" Skylar stopped walking, grabbing her sister's shoulder and looked at her straight into her eyes. "Isabelle and I are parabatai, we are one, and if I had to choose between her and Simon..I will always choose Isabelle because if she dies..half of me dies along and I won't recover. And the fact that the Institute has been attacked, and luckily no one was killed only injured it a miracle but  my parabatai needs me. You go to Luke, speak to him and ask for help..he'll do it for you." The redhead nodded slowly before taking a few steps back, mouthing the words 'Sorry' before running off to go find Luke.

"Now that was a very heartfelt speech." Jace said, before chuckling and earned himself a playful glare from Skylar. "Let's go."

~

Skylar and Jace had arrived, but before they went to go check on the others. They had separating ways to go get changed or do what they had to do. "Hey, You all right?" Jace asked as he approaching Alexander and Isabelle Lightwood who were speaking to one another before being interrupted.

"I'm fine." Alec replied bluntly, he looked down at where he was all bandaged up and glanced at his parabatai for a second before returning to what he was doing. Skylar had walked over with her hair up in a high ponytail, she smiled over at Isabelle..the two whispered a few things to another making sure that everything was alright.

"I just spoke to Robert and Maryse. They're being sent back to Idris." Jace said with his arms crossed over his chest, Isabelle told Skylar about a few things that seemed to annoy the blonde quite quickly causing her to frown and shake her head. See the two blondes hadn't met Lydia Branwell yet, and from what she has been told..well they weren't going to get along.

"Another "order" from Lydia?" Isabelle asked, she had rolled her eyes and felt Alec give her a certain look for the tone and the way she had spoke about Lydia that was unnecessary.

"Who's Lydia?" Jace asked, he was very very out of the loop here and had missed out a lot when dealing with Clary and Simon. She's in charge of the Institute.

"Apparently she is in charge of the Insitutue temporarily." Skylar said and shook her head, things were going to hell.

"And now she's convinced the Clave that Mom and Dad aren't doing their job?"

"Well, maybe they aren't. Mom and Dad were members of the Circle. They made a deal with the Clave prior to the Uprising. In exchange for their cooperation, they were pardoned." Alec explained, what he was told and what he had learned.