Chapter Nineteen: By The Light of Dawn

Skylar was not surprised learning that her father needed Clary or her alive in order to active the soul sword. The blonde had a deep feeling that there was much more than that, even allowing Jace to take of Clary and the mistakes she made with making a blood oath..that was how busy she was. Simon was even kidnapped by Valentine in the progress, now everyone was currently alarmed. Skylar rushed over to where Clary had told her to meet Jace and her with Luke along. "What the hell happened?" Skylar asked, glancing around and gulping.

"A lot..." Clary said as she began to explain what occurred to her and Luke. The werewolf even revealed that all the prisoners were either dead or gone. This was turning bad, real bad.

"We're taking you two to Magnus. He can protect you both."  Luke said, Skye scoffed and rolled her eyes.

"No, I don't need to be protected.I can very much handle myself." Skylar replied, crossing her arms over her chest. Funny, right? They though that locking up Skye would do them any good.

"I need to save Simon" The redhead was determined to save her new boyfriend/bestfriend now. Nothing was going to stop her or else she though that nothing would stop her but with the way Luke and Jace were looking at them both..didn't seem like they had much of a choice.

"The Downworld knows that you're both the key to activating that sword. They want you two dead." Luke needed to remind them of the danger they may encounter, the danger that dooms the two girls now and until things end with Valentine.

"I can save Simon." Jace offered, he glanced at Skye who avoided any eye contact with him.

"Doesn't work that way. If I'm not the one who shows up, Valentine is gonna kill him."

~

Dot was there only hope at the moment, it was yes sad but it was all they had and she happened to know a lot about Valentine since she was stuck being his servant for quite sometime until she was thrown away. "If Jace touches the sword, his grip would destroy it." Dot said, her word wasn't as trustworthy as everyone else knew.

"Me?" Jace asked.

"Well last time I checked you were the only Jace in the room..." Skye mumbled under her breath, Magnus gently elbowed her and cleared his throat.

"Why should we believe a word she says? It's probably just another trap." Luke argued, risks....too many risk that they refused to take. Too many, and it would possibly cost one person their life along with any demon blooded creatures meaning all the downworlders.

"Wait, in the vision from Ithuriel, the demon that destroyed the sword has clawed hands." Skylar said, Magnus raised an eyebrow..an idea forming in his head that would help the others out a little bit.

"Perhaps I can lend some insight, show me this vision." Jace and Skylar exchanged looks, stepping forward and allowed Magnus to tap into their heads. He spoke in latin, casting a spell allowing him to see what the vision was about. "Angels are higher beings. They communicate through metaphors. Morgenstern means "Morning Star," as in, "How are thou fallen from heaven, O, Lucifer, son of the morning."  The vision seems to be speaking of a Demonic Morgenstern." He explained, his gaze landing on Jace who scoffed and shook his head...this was what his father needed him for.

"Me. That's why Valentine wanted me under his control. I can derail his plan. I can destroy the Soul-Sword." Jace said

"And destroy yourself in the process. No, that's a suicide mission. No way!" Skylar argued almost immediately, like hell she was going to let this happen to him...he could die..and that was not going to happen. It couldn't happen...she wouldn't let it happen

"She's right, Jace. It's too dangerous" Luke backed up Skylar even though she was speaking on her own personal feelings...it was the truth.

"I'm not gonna touch the sword. I'll just get to it before it's activated, and bring the Mortal Instrument back to the Clave, where it belongs. Trust me."

~

The plan wasn't perfect, Jace as going in as Clary tricking Valentine while Magnus went to go get Madzie. Skye and Clary went off to go off on their own little plan. The two girls stayed close and armed as they walk around the Institute, running into some circle members that were easily handled by the two but they weren't expecting for so many to appear this fast.

Valentine grabbed Clary forward while Skylar was being held back by Circle Members. "No! I won't do it!" Clary shouted, her heart racing but as soon as her hand moved closer to the sword..Simon came to the rescue knocking out Valentine and getting Skylar out of those men's grip. Skye stood up slowly and her eyes widened seeing Jace approaching the sword.

"Jace, no." Skylar said, he glanced at her but it turned into a stare. "Don't you dare do it!" He grabbed the sword tightly, sending him back right on que...dozens of downworlders rushed inside. Clary shielded Simon as quick as possible...there was only one answer to this...Jace has pure demon blood. "Seraphina, he's not demonic..."

She looked at all the dead downworlders, her eyes widened...this was the nightmare that they were trying to prevent. "How's this possible?" Jace asked in a whisper.

"Jace, this means that you don't have any demon blood..." Clary said out loud, glancing at Simon for a second as Skylar slowly moved over and reached to touch him but he flinched away and gulped.

~

At the end, Jace managed to learn the truth about who he truly was and lost the soul sword but they captured Valentine once in for all. They needed to get all the info they could. Magnus and Alec reunited..all the fear they felt went away.

Skye sat on her bed, with her face covered with her hands. Oh you wouldn't understand the joy that was going through her that they finally caught the one man who will forever haunt her. "This is just amazing..." She whispered to herself and moved her hands away from her face, yes she was smiling to herself and sighed.

"I haven't seen you smile like this in a while." Jace said as he stepped into her room, with his arms crossed over his chest. Skye stood up and sighed.  "You must be happy that he's been finally caught..but we have other issues to deal with. I came here to talk to you..about something Valentine said when holding the sword."

"And what's that?" Skylar asked with a raised eyebrow wondering what Valentine had to say.

"Skylnn, we aren't related. Your real brother is out there..." Jace said before he could say anything else, Skylar rushed over and kissed him in a way she has been dying to kiss him.  Jace kissed her back, holding her tightly and pulled her close to him while she wrapped her arms around his neck. He pulled away from the kiss and chuckled. "Wow, uh that was fast..."

"I couldn't help it..."