Chapter Nine: This World Inverted

The moment Skylar opened her eyes, she knew..something wasn't right when she was seated next to Clary who was smiling and eating her dinner while Jocelyn came back, and when Skylar saw Valentine..her heart sunk. This was the same man, who ruined their lives and took their mother away. She immediately stood up and backed away, down here she was just a college student not an actual shadowhunter. She was a mundane now, shadowhunters no longer live here or exist. What did she do? She stayed silent, only silent as she watched them laugh and eat. "Skylnn, are you alright?" Valentine was one to ask, Skye slowly nodded and gulped. 

"P-Peachy." Skye replied, Jocelyn had smiled at the two before she made them pay attention to this awful commercial...that made the blonde cringe badly, not liking this. Luke, Hodge and Magnus...oh how normal and basic they all were. "I have to go, Clary we have to go-"

"Meet the others? Yeah, I know. If you wanna get going then let's go." Clary said, Skye was mentally glad that she..assumed correctly and well it saved her from spending time with her father...or see him.

"But you both promised breakfast?" Jocelyn asked, slightly upset that both of her daughters were already leaving her on the one day that they had off at the same time..the girls would leave. 

"Sorry, but we'll be back-" Skye had paused, looking at Clary to finish off her sentence.

"At the party." Clary had finished, the redhead did not understand why Skylar was acting so odd and weird. But she didn't ask instead, she just left along with the blonde leading her away towards the front door.

~

Skye was confused, beyond confused when she saw Simon standing in the sun and speaking to Clary, her mind was filled so many questions. She slowly made her way towards, Isabelle...who was not...her Isabelle..well it is her Isabelle just not the fierce one! This was the nerdy Isabelle Lightwood, the alternate universe one.

"Oh, it goes with your dress? Because you're getting ready at my place tonight, right?" Isabelle asked, the moment she saw Skye who nodded slowly

"Oh, it goes with your dress? Because you're getting ready at my place tonight, right?" Isabelle asked, the moment she saw Skye who nodded slowly...very very slowly and cleared her throat. But Alec...was not happy with her..weird way of replying to his little sister's questions."That is not even a little bit funny. I have poured my heart and soul into planning this anniversary party for the Institute. And the theme is amazing." Alec said, and oh boy did the way he spoke made Skye even more confused than ever.

" Alec said, and oh boy did the way he spoke made Skye even more confused than ever