Chapter Ten: Blood Calls to Blood

Skylar had no idea what was going on with her parabatai, so when she received a call from Clary who explained everything to her. She was not pleased, she had sent Alec a message to handle it before the Morgenstern got involved and handled it herself. Her parabatai was off limits, she didn't like it that Isabelle was going through this all without her. She had taken the time to change while Michael Wayland helped his son..Jace.

Skylar headed to go see Jace but was stopped by his father. "Hey, um can I talk to you?" Michael said, Skylar nodded slowly as she watched him take a seat and she walked over but didn't take a seat at all. 

"Of course...." Skylar said, she was kind of nervous to speak to him. She and Jace..never spoke about what they could possibly be..and well she had no idea what he thought about this all. 

"I'm I feel as if I know you, you're so much like your mother. You're fearless, and loving, and you got a mind of your own. A little stubborn, perhaps?" Michael said, Skylar nodded slowly and chuckled softly.

"I should probably work on that." Skylar said

"Maybe not, it served Jocelyn well. She saved you from your father...I never said a word about where you had gone. I know he has down a lot to you.....I let him torture me. He never got a word out of me." Michael said with a faint smile before he cleared his throat. "You should go see Jace..." Skylar didn't even wait, she simply nodded and stared at him. Something was off about this man...she sensed it....Seraphina sensed it all as well. She turned around and rushed into the back, placing her bag on the floor and taking a seat.

"I spoke to your father.....he seems..nice." Skylar managed to say, clearing her throat and looked at his arm. "Also you look so much better before, you have actual color in your skin." She added with a bright smile on her lips that made him smirked for a second.

"Thank you, everything went well. And I am glad that you find him nice-"

"I know about the story you told Clary to help with the whole Simon thing. Jace, he doesn't seem like someone who would hurt you but then again...I wouldn't know."

"We are raised much differently then mundanes." Jace said, Skylar nodded slowly as she looked down at her hands and sighed. "You alright? I saw you cry-I mean shed a tear....."

"Jace, I lived that alternative universe...and I found something I wasn't expecting to find." Skylar began to speak, Jace slowly sat up and watched her, he had moved closer and cleared his throat.

"And what was that?" Jace asked softly in a whisper, moving closer and closer until he was close enough. He moved his hand, placing it on her cheek before his thumb brushed against her lower lip gently.

"It was everything I ever wanted....Jace, my family...my friends...and love.." Skylar whispered, he smiled faintly before he pressed his lips against hers, kissing her and well she didn't waste time and kissed him back. This was all real, and it was amazing for her to have something that was real and not fake. Something she could depend on.......

~

While Clary, Luke, Jace and Michael spoke about everything that Michael knew or not. Skylar paced back and forth away from them as she spoke to Isabelle on the phone. "What? Are you serious? By the angel...I-I am coming over and helping you."

"Skye, it's fine! Look, you need to find Valentine. That's our main concern." Isabelle said, how did she have a phone? She slipped it in with her in case she got bored being stuck in this god forsaken room all day and everyday until the Clave or Lydia did something to her.

"It's not fine, you can be stripped of your runes and exiled." Skylar whispered, getting more and more angry by the second! How could she have let this happen? All because she was busy spending her time with Jace, and everything that..she didn't know this was happening to her..bestfriend. She could hear Alec...in the background speaking as well. "I'm coming...don't do anything insane." She added before she hung up, walking over to the table where the others at and chatted. "I have to deal with something at the Institute."