Chapter Fourteen: Parabatai Lost

Skylar walked back into the Institute, drenched in water and with a few small minor injuries. Her mind was racing, she needed to find her parabatai now before she did something that she regretted. She wasn't one to mess with currently, mad, confused and lost.

"You can't go in there." Raj said quickly, making an attempt to grab her arm but the blonde kept on walking, wanting to see and speak to Isabelle right now.

"Where's Izzy?" Skye asked.

"I'm getting Aldertree." Raj mumbled, Skye inhaled deeply trying to stay calm..of course he was going to un off and snitch simply because she was upset.

"Skylnn, are you okay?" Jocelyn asked as she hurried after her eldest daughter..she saw that Skylar's left hand was shaking slightly out of what though? What happened that was causing her body to act this way, the pulses of her necklace had gotten stronger.

"I'm fine. Just I need to see Izzy." Skye replied vaguely.

"Skylnn, wait-" Jocelyn only wished to speak to her daughter but no..the blonde wanted something different. What she wanted was to find Jace as soon as possible without going through all of this. One minute they were together and the next minute they were seperated. "What happened? Where have you been?"

"We're all curious. Bring a change of clothes and a hot cup of tea to my office. - Skylar and I are gonna have a little chat." Aldertree spoke, as he approached the two. His face emotionless as always and clearly didn't have true intentions.

"Let me see Isabelle." Skye demanded, oh yes..she was going to get her way whether he likes it or not.

"She's with Alec, Skylar. He was trying to help me find you, and something went wrong. He's in a bad way." Jocelyn said, Skylar's eyes widened before she quickly looked at her parabatai rune and let out a sigh of relief glad that Izzy was alright from what she could tell.

~

"Jocelyn tells me you were abducted by Dorothea Rollins, a warlock under Valentine's control." Aldertree said, as he walked over handing her a cup of tea before he had taken a nice seat here. He had plenty of questions about this all, and in order to get the answers for him..he was going have to play in her little game.

"Right, also I don't like tea." Skylar said placing the cup down and looking him, such a deadly glint in her bright blue eyes right now.

"Did she portal you to a Tanker ship in the East River?" Aldertree asked with a raised eyebrow. Skylar had simply shrugged, see she wasn't so big on telling him all about what happened. Something's didn't need to be said, she was going to figure this out all on her own.

"Three hours ago, a large tanker ship was found there, recently abandoned. By the mottoes and the insignia on the boat, it's clear the Circle was on board. If you have any information about Valentine, about Jace you need to tell me."

"It's a blur, things happened fast for me. I was nearly run over by the Staten Island Ferry, and then I swam to shore and came here." Skylar said, that much information was enough for Aldertree right now..more than ever she wished that Lydia or Maryse were back in control not him.

"If you're trying to protect your brother, lying to me is only gonna make it worse. I can guarantee Jace's safety if you help me bring him in. And that's on record." Aldertree said, Skylar shook her head and shrugged like when she was little. The girl was lying straight through her teeth.

"I would if I could, but I can't tell you what I don't know. Dot must have wiped my memory."

~

"I can't believe you lied to Aldertree." Isabelle said to Skylar, though she was relieved by all of this. She needed to make sure that things wouldn't get all messed up or weird at all.

"I couldn't let him go after Jace like he did before."

"So Dot took down the wards and you two jumped off the ship together?" Izzy asked, trying to understand all of this.

"Yeah, but as soon as we hit the water, the tide was so strong. We lost each other I looked everywhere. I couldn't find him. Wait, if he and Alec are going through the same thing, he wouldn't be able to swim." Skylar whispered under her breath, she glanced around watching all the others who were walking around. She didn't want anyone hearing them speak about it.

"Jace is alive. If he were dead, Alec's parabatai rune would have faded."

"That's good..for now...I'm not sure how long that's going to last. From what you said, Alec may not have all of this time." Skylar mumbled quietly, it was because she didn't like to think of the fact that he may not have much time.

"Jace might be his only hope, and for all we know Valentine and the Circle have already found him." Isabelle said, all of this chaos was just awful. It was nothing but pure chaos currently.

"Look, Isabelle Jace is the strongest person I know. He'll come through. He always does.."

~

This was just awful things were taking a dark turn, everything single thing was going to hell. Isabelle and Skylar kept on trying to trick Aldertree into believing that everything was completely normal. Getting Alec to Magnus's took a while but it went well.

Of course when it came to it, it was Isabelle and Skylar who had managed to get to Jace just as Clary and Luke did..right before Maia was ready to kill him. Isabelle used her whip to grab the wolf that was going to pounce on Jace. "Stay." She said as Skylar walked over to Jace and faced Maia.

"By the order of the Clave, Jace Wayland is coming with us." Skye said, she took another step...you see this? The once bright blue eyes, Skylar had were darker than ever before. This was what happened when things had turned ugly and awful for her, all these emotions...these dark emotions swirling within her. "Or do you have a death wish, doggie?" Maia opened her mouth to say something but Luke shook his head. "Aww, you have nothing to say? Great, but you best believe that I will be coming back for you...for putting Jace and everyone else through hell."

"Skye, let's go." Isabelle said, she could feel the anger brewing within Skylar but that was a conversation for next time.

Returning to Magnus's apartment, Skylar had sat on the floor in the living room where everyone else was getting ready for Jace to bring Alec back and pull him out of his misery and to save his life. She stared at the floor, whispering a few words as she spoke to Seraphina. She closed her eyes before she snapped out of her little world, watching Jace trying to bring his parabatai back once again. This heart breaking scene, her heart had stopped watching this but was suddenly relieved to see that Alec was back and thankfully alive.