Chapter Twenty-One: Those of Demon Blood

Skylar missed out on a lot while being with Mama Lightwood, see she needed to clear her mind and be able to think clearly. Thankfully now that she's feeling better, she can return to New York and get caught up with what happened...and well it was one hell of a shock.

Sitting at the bar beside Jace was quiet, he could sense the distance Skylar was putting between them. The blonde was with her sister and Simon, what was even going on between the two anyways? Were they together? No, she was just relieved that they weren't related but was right now the best choice to be with anyone. "You alright?" Simon asked in a whisper, looking at Skye who slowly nodded and sighed.

"Perfect..I am perfect.." Skye whispered, and leaned her head on Clary's shoulder and sighed. "I'm sorry for not being here for you..I should have been...I should have been stronger and much more careful."

"It's fine, Skye. We all do things differently. Look, we are fine...you and I have Luke...Izzy, Magnus, Alec and Jace-"

"And me!" Simon said quickly with a faint smile on his lips as he watched them, the blond was feeling better about her disappearing for a while.

~

"Downworlders didn't do this, well at least ours didn't do it.." Skye whispered under her breath, this entire situation was different and somewhat something Valentine would do. She looked at the files Jace handed her, he glanced around at her room that was dark..and just not something he was expecting. That gem that was once so white was nothing but pure darkness.

"Well I need you to help me.." Jace said softly, Skye shook her head and handed him back the files.

"I'm off duty, Imogen released me..I am emotionally unstable and useless." Skye said quietly, looking down and avoided eye contact.

"Do you even want us to happen anymore?" Jace asked, taking the files and keeping his eyes on her. Watching the way she moved and talked..the way she reacted to his questions and all of that.

"I will always want us to happen, to exist. Why don't you go deal with this first..and we can talk. Congrats on being the head of the Institute."

"Uh thank you, and I'll be back.." Jace gave her a faint smile before he left her room closing the door behind him. The moment the doors closed, the gem began to glow brightly and pulse gently.

"Tell me something Skylnn, why did you lie to him about being off duty?" Seraphina  asked, the blonde slipped out of bed before she grabbed her jacket and slipped on her leather jacket.

"Because as of now, you are my mission. I am going to free you before you are lost...before I die and you will be lost within this damned necklace due to Lilith." Skye said, she grabbed her stele before she walked towards her door. "Downworlders will be fine, they are fighters and not even the nephilim would have the balls to try and challenge them all. Right now, shadowhunters are quaking in their combat boots because they fear a revolution."

"They have a right to fear, a revolution would mean shadowhunters has lost control of the shadow world and it was descend into chaos. The Accords are put in place to keep everyone in check, including you're kind."

"No the Accords seem to only punish downworlders from what I see. Do you know how many times the Clave has forgiven us for breaking the Accords? I mean the moment Clary was brought into the real world, we have done nothing but break rules left and right. They have a right to worry, by the angel I would be just like them if I were in their shoes." She opened the door, walking straight out of her room and headed off on the mission she had planned in her head. "You know my mother would have wanted me to end this, save you and protect Clary...and Luke. Trust and believe that the one thing I am capable of..is apparently making her proud.."

"The Avenging Angel is the title Raziel will give you."

"I...actually like that..maybe the Avenging Pumpkin.." Skye joked, the angel chuckled softly before she slowly vanished, the pulsing vanished as well as the light. She smiled when she heard the angels chuckle, and slowly the darkness within the gem vanished.

~

"Swear on the angel, they have taken you off these shelves so that no one knows of your existence..." Skylar said, she flipped through the pages of all the books that the library had here. She hummed gently as she kept on flipping through the pages as she read through them.

"Truly I was expecting you to do something epic instead we are in a library reading.." Seraphina mumbled, but fell silent when sensing Jace walking into the library with a bruise eye.

"I was going to go out for a drink but uh I wanted to see you instead." Jace said, Skye looked up and her eyes brightened when seeing Jace. "Can I sit? Or is it taken?"

"Well I guess you can take a seat..." Skye said, Jace sat down and picked up the book on the table. His eyes scanning the book, reading what it's suppose to be about before he looked at her.

"Something you wanna tell me?"

"Yeah actually, we need to talk. For years I have been hiding a secret, one that has been eating at me because I couldn't tell anyone. I feared that if I spoke, we would pay the consequences but I need help. I want to release the Angel Seraphina from  this necklace.." Skye had spent about hours trying to explain to Jace what was going on before Isabelle joined this conversation as well...both of the Lightwoods learning something that they never knew about all this time.

"Wow, this whole time?" Isabelle asked, Skye nodded slowly and ran a hand through her hair. "Can she hear us?"

"Yeah, she isn't a fan of speaking to others...so you won't hear her speak not unless she has too. Also...Izzy I am so sorry that I wasn't there for you." Before Skye could finish the apology that she truly owed her parabatai, the dark haired girl pulled her into a tight embrace and didn't let go.

"I felt you with me the entire time...thank you. Plus I am getting better, and I keep it this way.." Izzy said quietly as she pulled away, Jace leaned back in the chair he sat on and watched the two. "And I am sorry for not being there for you when your mom passed...I guess we both haven't been that connected lately."

"Everything is crazy, it's hard to keep up.." Jace said, Isabelle nodded slowly before standing up..she could see the look he had in his eyes wanting some time alone with Skye and she knew why. Once she left, Jace pulled Skylar's chair over to him and took her hands. "What are we? Dating? or messing around?"

"I think we both know what we are..."