Chapter Five: Moo Shu To Go

Skylar sat on her room bed, well a room at The Institute of course. She stared at a book that Isabelle had given her to read. She couldn't sleep much anyways with everything that happened today, she ran a hand through her hair as she read. "Am I interrupting?" Jace asked as he stepped into her room.

"Yes actually, I was getting to the juicy part." Skye said before closing the book and sitting up a bit more straight. He chuckled before sitting down beside her on the bed, she lifted her blanket and threw it over his legs. "What's up?"

"Your sister's necklace is a portal shard." Jace said looking over at Skye before sighing softly. "She saw Valentine and your mother there-" He paused noticing Skye's face, mentioning those two was just hurting her. "You know never mind, let's talk about the fact you panicked when you thought I was dead."

I-I did not panic." Skye corrected and gave him a look. "I was just worried." She whispered as she turned her head to look at him. "A little bit worried, okay?"

"And I wonder why...." Jace whispered before leaning closer to her, his lips brushing against hers gently.  In a blink of an eye, Skye pressed her lips against his and they actually kissed. 

"Am I interrupting?" Clary asked as she watched the two, she made a face and tilted her head to the side.Skye pulled away from Jace and quickly got out of the bed, before shaking her head and clearing her throat. "Alec took my only way of finding mom."

"It's for your safety..." Skye said and cleared her throat. "It'll be fine, alright? We will find mom soon..." She added before walking over to her sister, taking her hand. She glanced back at Jace who was smirking, and winked at her before the two left.

~

Skye laid on the bed as Isabelle and Clary spoke, back and forth. The blonde closed her eyes and listened in, Izzy was trying to comfort the red head. She didn't want Clary to start to feel hopeless or else Skye would. In the blonde's mind..all she could think about was the kiss over and over again, soon it had consumed her thoughts making her sigh in defeat. "By the angel.." She whispered under her breath before sitting up, and following Izzy and Clary when they finished speaking.

Isabelle led the sisters to the entrance where Maryse Lightwood made an entrance, she looked her daughter up and down, with a slight frown. "Dressed to impress, I see." Maryse said, Isabelle looked down and fell silent. Skylar let out a soft sigh as she looked over at her parabatai feeling bad, she hated to see Isabelle act this way. "And you have been playing with the family heirloom."

"Hi, I'm Clary Fairchild." The red head said before she cleared her throat and looked at Maryse who was emotionless. 

"You look just like your mother. We know all about you in Idris." Maryse said as she looked at Clary then at Skylar, she inhaled deeply and sighed.

"Idris?" Clary asked before Skye cleared her throat and spoke.

"The Shadowhunter homeland. If you think the Institute is well-hidden, wait until you see that place." Skye said, Clary nodded understanding what she said before Isabelle asked the one question that was on her mind.

"How's Max? We all miss him." Izzy said, she truly missed seeing her little brother running around and causing chaos. He was adorable and cute...her heart ached when she thought about him. Clary had no idea Isabelle had a little brother, she looked over at Isabelle giving her a confused look before Izzy explained who Max was. "Little brother. Cute but clingy. Kinda Simon-ish."

"Robert's picking him up at the Mumbai Institute. Where's Jace? We have a situation that has to be handled now." Maryse said, she walked past the two girls and headed off the find Jace, Isabelle and the sisters followed as well.