Chapter Seventeen: How Are Thou Fallen

"Of course he's sleeping with Kaelie, I don't care....what he does isn't really up to me....." Skye mumbled under her breath and rolled her eyes, she was speaking to Magnus about this whole Jace thing and how annoyed he is about it. The warlock would much prefer to have some nice alone time with Alec but instead, there's his parabatai crashing there because he can't face his sisters. "Kick him onto the street, he'll learn..."

"Oh pumpkin, tough love may not work here. He's putting himself through hell....tell me what on earth have you done to him?" Magnus asked, but before she could reply but she got an alert on her phone. "Everything alright?"

"Yeah, just a stupid thing that I don't even want to show up to. Hate Aldertree....you know what. I'm not going to go, I'll gladly let Izzy fill me in later." Skye said, she ran a hand through her long blonde hair and sighed. She placed her hand on her parabatai rune, something was off but she couldn't figure out what exactly was wrong but nothing.

"You know that you're avoiding everyone....especially after you lost your mother-"

"Bye" Skye had cut him off and hung up the phone. She let her phone fall onto the bed, glancing around at her dark dark room covered with papers that had dozens of runes drawn on them.

"This is a dark road you're taking Skylnn...this will eat you alive." Seraphina said, the necklace was lighting up the room.

"Oh Seraphina, don't know you? Its already eating me alive...." She whispered as a tear rolled down her cheek and inhaled deeply before wiping away the tear.

~

"You invited me to a bar?" Skylar asked as she walked over to where Magnus sat, taking a seat beside him and sighing as she scanned around. This place was nice, plus drinking was a nice plus....that was possibly the only reason why Magnus may have invited her over.

"Something is off about your parabatai and I needed you to leave your room." Magnus said finishing his drink, standing up and looking at Maia. "Talk to Izzy, and Maia here is nothing but sunshine. Everything she orders is on me." With that he vanished, Skye rubbed her temples gently and looked at the shots that Maia placed in front of her.

"I heard that uh that asshole is your brother." Maia said, there goes one shot that Skye downed within seconds and cleared her throat. She paused, at a familiar sound...they were cries...an angel was crying or calling for help. The blonde covered her ears, and closed her eyes, blood coming from her nose. "Whoa, take this." Maia handed her a napkin, shaking her head and walked off to survive her other customers. Skylar wiped off the blood and looked down at her necklace.

"Is that...what I think it is?" Skye asked in a whisper, she felt a pulse on her necklace and that confirmed everything that she knew from the very start.

"Skylar, Jace! Clary needs help." Luke said walking into the bar, from across the bar Skye and Jace made eye contact and the two quickly stood up, leaving with the werewolf. Luke was explaining to them about all that was going down while the two were out and about, not even paying attention to what other things were occurring.

~

Skye and Jace ran up the stair cases, while Clary and Luke tried to finally capture Valentine, it wasn't going to be easy but they needed to handle this once in for all without failing. This has been a long long journey, filled with lost, pain, and some were able to finally find some happiness. "So you and Kaelie?" Skye said trying to start some conversation as they hurried up the stairs, Jace gave her a look and shook his head at her.

"No, I was busy with...book club."

"My ass...you don't read..." Skye mumbled

"Oh yeah? How would you know?" Jace asked with a raised eyebrow, they both took out their swords and when they made it onto the roof. The thundering, and storming..they fought through it all and it wasn't as difficult as it was suppose to be. While they fought, Luke and Clary had lost Valentine....and Cleophas. The roof was cleared leaving the angel there, and Skylar kept her distance away from him. "Come over here, and help me."

"I-I-" Skye didn't finish her sentence, she stepped forward and inhaled deeply. "Oh Irthuriel..." She whispered using her stele to get rid of the chains once in for all and placed her hand on his cheek. Jace watched carefully, not well aware of what was exactly going on right now.She moved her hand away from his cheek and onto his hand, Jace only did the same and they both received a powerful vision...one that they couldn't explain and right before their eyes...they saw the angel ascend back to it's rightful place after all of these years.