Chapter 26: The Kiss

Start from the beginning

His soothing voice is not something you heard everyday. Zayn is truly a talented person. I wish I could sing like him. There was something beneath his voice that calms me down. Every time that I would hear it, I could practically hear angels singing from the heavens above. It is amazing how he could hit complicated notes that only he could do. He made it sound so easy and so uncomplicated.

Last but not the least, his freakishly oozing hot body. I think it speaks for itself. Although, his body is not as ripped as Liam's but when he took off his clothes, those tattoos are the only thing you could focus on, at least that's what I can focus on. I wonder what's like to touch those tattoos? Would he let me? 

"Niall!" Hearing that loud thick British accent made me snapped back to reality. It was Liam, stretching out his hands and motioning me to come inside the taxi. "We should go." He continued.

I nodded and with that I glanced back to my parents and waved my last good bye. Although, leaving Mullingar and my family behind is something I can't get used to every time. But this time, I'll make sure to call them or text them every single day no matter how exhausting my day is. They are the driving force of my life and I swear to myself that I will not see that nightmare ever again.

"Yeah." I answered back to Liam, as I arched my back and get inside the taxi.

* * * * *

The cloudless sky is all I could see as we landed on Holyhead. The bright yellow ray of sunshine is what blinding me. I gently covered my face with my arms as my vision returns to normal, I saw Liam hailing for taxi.

I didn't realize until now how responsible and reliable Liam is. I mean, I know he takes care of all of us especially me and I don't know why he paid so much attention to me. He was always there from the moment I got stomach flu until the time where the rude fans are saying mean things about me. He stood still in front of me, protecting me from the worldly pain. Is that why I like him so much? Is it because his instinct to protect me all the time? That couldn't be it!

"Niall?" Those chocolate brown eyes were inches away from my face. I didn't even realize that I was staring him long enough to made him think that I'm zoning out.

"Sorry." I smiled weakly at him. He's carrying my suitcases, one huge bag pack and one suitcase with wheels on it.

"Let me carry that." I said, as I stretched out my hand to pull the suitcase with wheels away from him. He immediately backs away from me.

"I can do it, Niall." There was firmness in his voice, letting me know that he can do everything.

"But those are mine."

He just smiled at me. He slowly took off his maroon scarf wrapped around his neck and wrapped it around mine, which surprised me. I stood there like a freaking statue while I get lost looking so closely at his face. The scent of his cologne is making its way to my nose and it smelled so manly.

"What are you doing?" My eyes still fixated on his face. The smile emanating on his face is something I can watch all day long and not get tired of it.

"Trying to keep you warm. You know I'd hate if you catch a cold." He slowly fixed the scarf and cupped his hands on my cheeks. There were definitely squealing inside my head. Every time Liam would do the sweetest thing I couldn't help but to blush to death. I really don't know why he does that all the time.

A yellow taxi stopped in front of us and Liam starts lifting my suitcases to put it on the back of the vehicle. I tried helping him but he insisted that I should go inside and let him do this for me. Once I get inside the car, I felt the chilly wind and immediately I put my pale white hands on my pocket to keep it warm.